Apple iPad Pro 12.9 prices and specs
The Apple iPad Pro 12.9 is one of the expensive 12.9 inch tablets for today. The lowest device's price in USA is $849.90.
The iPad Pro 12.9 is released with iOS 9: if the tab supports newer iOS version you need to update it to run fresh apps. The iPad Pro 12.9 has a perfect quality 12.9 inch screen with a resolution 2048 x 2732 pixels.
The iPad Pro 12.9 has non-removable Li-Ion 10,307 mAh battery which is a not satisfactory battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed tasks: for example watching a video will run down the battery quicker than typing an email.
The iPad Pro 12.9 is equipped with Dual-core 2.26 GHz (Twister) CPU that shows a common performance. Please note, that dual core CPU guarantees that this iPad Pro 12.9 will be a better choice for multitasking. If you want to buy the tablet that shows the best performance check Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4.
The device runs 4 GB RAM that is a great amount of memory for multi-tasking. The base model of the iPad Pro 12.9 has a rather big amount of internal storage - 32GB. If you want more amount, you can buy other size options.
The Apple iPad Pro 12.9 has a very good for tablets 8 megapixel rear camera that can shoot pictures of a satisfactory quality. The tablet's 1.2 megapixel front camera is weak. The tablet supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, September
- Available. Released 2015, November
- iOS 9, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A9X
- Dual-core 2.26 GHz (Twister)
- PowerVR Series 7 (12-core graphics)
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 31mm, autofocus
- 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 1.12Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- 12.9 inches
- 2048 x 2732 pixels (~264 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Non-removable Li-Ion 10,307 mAh battery (38.8 Wh)
- About 10 h
- 305.7 x 220.6 x 6.9 mm (12.04 x 8.69 x 0.27 in)
- 713 g (Wi-Fi) / 723 g (LTE) (1.57 lb, 25.15 oz)
- Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- 32/128/256 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)
- v3.0, reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer
- iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPad Pro 12.9?
- Scott Stein, 2017-05-11
The Good The new iPad Pro is the biggest and fastest Apple tablet to date. The pressure-sensitive Pencil stylus offers superior sketching and drawing, and the Pro's gorgeous giant screen and quad speakers are ideal for split-screen apps, multitasking and watching movies.
The Bad At launch, very few apps are currently optimized to take advantage of the iPad Pro's full potential. Its large size makes it less portable than other iPads. Once you've paid for the Pencil and keyboard peripherals, the iPad Pro costs as much as a good laptop, but lacks its flexibility.
The Bottom Line The iPad Pro is a dream machine for graphic designers and media mavens, but this elegant tablet needs more optimized apps and accessories before it can fully achieve laptop-killer status.
- Evan Kypreos, 2017-05-10
- Slim and incredibly light
- Awesome screen and speakers
- Excellent performance
- Good on-the-go typing experience
- Not as portable as other iPads
- Most will still need a proper computer
- No iOS optimisations for the big screen
- Gareth Beavis , 2017-05-10
A brilliant iPad that takes the devices into a new realm. We've loved using it, but just make sure you're ready for the larger size and weight.
- Expansive, usable screen
- Hugely powerful
- Great speakers
- Powerfully huge
- Battery life could be longer