Apple iPad mini 2 prices and specs
The Apple iPad mini 2 has an average price among 7.9 inch tablets for now. The lowest model's price in USA is $263.49.
The iPad mini 2 is released with iOS 7: if the device supports newer iOS version you need to update it to install fresh apps. The tablet has a high quality 7.9 inch display with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
This tablet has non-removable Li-Po 6470 mAh battery which is a great battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life greatly depends on the kind of performed tasks: for example making photos will run down the battery quicker than browsing the web.
The tab is equipped with Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based) CPU that provides a typical performance. Please note, that dual core processor guarantees that this tab will be better for performing multiple tasks. If you want to buy the tablet that shows the outstanding performance check Huawei MediaPad T2 10.0 Pro.
The tablet runs 1 GB RAM that is a common amount of memory for normal performance. The cheapest model of the iPad mini 2 is equipped with enough internal memory. If you need more, you can buy other size options.
The Apple iPad mini 2 has an average for tablets 5 megapixel primary camera. The tablet's 1.2 megapixel front camera is weak. The iPad mini 2 supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use Bluetooth headphones for listening music for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2013, October
- Available. Released 2013, November
- iOS 7, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A7
- Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)
- PowerVR G6430 (quad-core graphics)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, 33mm, autofocus
- 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR photo
- 7.9 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~324 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Oleophobic coating
- Non-removable Li-Po 6470 mAh battery (24.3 Wh)
- About 10 h
- 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm (7.87 x 5.30 x 0.30 in)
- 331 g (Wi-Fi) / 341 g (3G/LTE) (11.68 oz)
- Space Gray/Black, Silver/White
- 16/32/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
- v4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- v2.0, reversible connector
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850) - A1490 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 38(2600), 39(1900), 4
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat3 100/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPad mini 2?
- John V., 2017-02-09
When the iPad mini was introduced last year, consumers were excited to finally see a miniaturized version of Apple’s full-sized tablet. Like seriously, it was a logical offering, which also helped to compete almost on the same scale as some of those cheap tablets. The iPad mini just had one glaring omission – it lacked Apple’s fancy termed Retina Display.
- Gareth Beavis , 2017-02-09
The iPad mini 2 is flawless in so many ways. From a rich app catalog to the best design on the market, the mini 2's only real downfall is its price. If your pockets are deep you'll simply love it.
- Xiomara Blanco, 2017-02-09
THE GOOD The iPad Mini 2 has a sharp Retina screen, an ultraportable design, great battery life and it's the most affordable tablet with access to the iOS App Store. Upgradeable to iOS 10 later this year.
THE BAD Android and Amazon tablets -- and even Windows laptops -- are available for less. Base model includes only 16GB of non-expandable storage. It's missing the Touch ID fingerprint sensor and split-screen feature found on newer iPads.
THE BOTTOM LINE It lacks the features and speed of a cutting-edge iPad, but the Mini 2 is still a solid tablet for basics, especially if you can buy it at a discount.