Apple iPad mini 2 prices and specs
The Apple iPad mini 2 has an average price among 7.9 inch tablets on the market. The lowest tablet's price in USA is $259.00.
The iPad mini 2 is produced with iOS 7: it is an outdated version that needs to be updated to run new apps. The tablet has a great quality 7.9 inch display with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
This tab has non-removable Li-Po 6470 mAh battery that is a perfect battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life greatly depends on the kind of performed operations: for example playing a game will run down the battery quicker than browsing the web.
The tab is equipped with Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based) processor which shows a satisfactory performance. Please note, that dual core processor means that this tab will be a better choice for multitasking. If you want to buy the tablet that shows the great performance check Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus.
The tablet has 1 GB RAM which is a typical amount of memory for normal performance. The base version of the iPad mini 2 has a typical amount of internal memory. If you want more amount of storage, you can buy other size options.
The iPad mini 2 has an average for tablets 5 megapixel primary camera. The tab's 1.2 megapixel front camera is weak. The Apple iPad mini 2 supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2013, October
- Available. Released 2013, November
- iOS 7, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A7
- Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)
- PowerVR G6430 (quad-core graphics)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, 33mm, autofocus
- 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR photo
- 7.9 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~324 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Oleophobic coating
- Non-removable Li-Po 6470 mAh battery (24.3 Wh)
- About 10 h
- 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm (7.87 x 5.30 x 0.30 in)
- 331 g (Wi-Fi) / 341 g (3G/LTE) (11.68 oz, 0.73 lb)
- Space Gray/Black, Silver/White
- 16/32/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
- v4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- v2.0, reversible connector
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850) - A1490 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 38(2600), 39(1900), 4
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat3 100/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPad mini 2?
Apple iPad mini 2 compared to rivals
List of all tablets like Apple IPad mini 2. Compare tech specs of IPad mini 2 to its rivals. Find out what tablet has better camera, processor, screen and battery life.
At first sight many tablets have specifications similar to Apple IPad mini 2 and it can be really difficult to select the best one until their specs are compared side by side. And SpecsPRO has done it for you! Apple IPad mini 2 comparison to its rivals will help you to select really the best tablet for now easily and quickly.
Cheaper alternatives to Apple iPad mini 2:
Apple iPad mini 2 comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
More expensive alternatives to Apple iPad mini 2:
Apple iPad mini 2 videos
The easiest way to receive full info about all tablet's specs and features is to watch Apple IPad mini 2 video reviews. On this page you will find the most popular videos.
Before buying this tablet we recommend you to watch a few videos about Apple IPad mini 2. You'll spend just a few minutes but you'll get full and clear info about its specs which will help you to make the right decision.
Apple iPad mini 2 reviews by users and experts
If you still hesitate whether to buy this tablet or not, read all Apple IPad mini 2 reviews by experts and users that we have gathered on this page. If you already an owner of this tab please rate it and leave your review! This information can be very useful to other customers.
Besides Apple IPad mini 2 reviews by users SpecsPRO has gathered the best reviews by experts from CNET, GSMArena, TechRadar and others. You will get true info about the specs and the experience of usage from real users of this tablet. And we ask all Apple IPad mini 2 owners to rate and share their opinion about the tablet in their own reviews. This information will help other customers to make right purchasing decisions.
Rating 7.66 from 10
- John V., 2017-02-09
When the iPad mini was introduced last year, consumers were excited to finally see a miniaturized version of Apple’s full-sized tablet. Like seriously, it was a logical offering, which also helped to compete almost on the same scale as some of those cheap tablets. The iPad mini just had one glaring omission – it lacked Apple’s fancy termed Retina Display.Read more
- Gareth Beavis , 2017-02-09
The iPad mini 2 is flawless in so many ways. From a rich app catalog to the best design on the market, the mini 2's only real downfall is its price. If your pockets are deep you'll simply love it.Read more
- Xiomara Blanco, 2017-02-09
THE GOOD The iPad Mini 2 has a sharp Retina screen, an ultraportable design, great battery life and it's the most affordable tablet with access to the iOS App Store. Upgradeable to iOS 10 later this year.
THE BAD Android and Amazon tablets -- and even Windows laptops -- are available for less. Base model includes only 16GB of non-expandable storage. It's missing the Touch ID fingerprint sensor and split-screen feature found on newer iPads.
THE BOTTOM LINE It lacks the features and speed of a cutting-edge iPad, but the Mini 2 is still a solid tablet for basics, especially if you can buy it at a discount.Read more