Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) specification and prices
First info about the Idol 3 (5.5) by Alcatel appeared on March 2015 and on sale it appeared on June 2015. This phone belongs to the lowest price range: the Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) price in USA for today is $124.99. The phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Sprint as well as retail stores like Wal-Mart, RadioShack.
The phone runs on the most popular operating system in the world for today - Android OS. Idol 3 (5.5) has released with the already outdated at the moment Android version: 5.0.2 (Lollipop). It means that the phone owner will not be able to play the newest games and run the newest apps with this default OS version. The Idol 3 (5.5) is equipped with Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU that shows a great performance. The phone has 2 GB RAM that is an average amount of memory for normal usage.
This phone has amazing 13 megapixel primary camera. It will produce great photos and videos. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a not very large aperture for a smartphone and it will allow the Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) to let in more light to capture satisfactory quality photos in dark rooms. Idol 3 (5.5) 8 megapixel front camera is great for selfie lovers. Rear camera of Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) can shoot full HD high quality video, which is only second to 4K.
The cell phone has a big 5.5 inch display.
Idol 3 (5.5) has non-removable Li-Ion 2910 mAh battery, that can provide up to 13 hours of talk time. It is satisfactory battery life results.
The phone's weight is 141 grams (4.97 oz), it is 152.7 mm (6.01 in) high, 75.1 mm (2.96 in) wide and has a 7.4 mm (0.29 in) depth which means that this cell phone is thin.
You can purchase Idol 3 (5.5) in Various color.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, March
- Available. Released 2015, June
- Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
- Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Adreno 405
- 13 MP, f/2.0, autofocus, LED flash
- 8 MP, 1080p
- 1/3" sensor size, 1.12 Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.5 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Yes, up to 5 fingers
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2910 mAh battery
- About 13 h / About 13 h
- 152.7 x 75.1 x 7.4 mm (6.01 x 2.96 x 0.29 in)
- 141 g (4.97 oz, 0.31 lb)
- Single SIM
- 16 GB, 2 GB RAM/ 32 GB, 2 GB RAM (Dual SIM model)
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.1, A2DP
- Yes, with A-GPS
- FM radio, RDS
- microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - USA
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 17(700) - USA
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
Where to buy Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5)?
Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5). Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Idol 3 (5.5) to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Idol 3 (5.5) comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) videos
Idol 3 (5.5) video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5) reviews by users and experts
List of Idol 3 (5.5) reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Idol 3 (5.5) is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Idol 3 (5.5) it will be very useful too!