Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE prices and specs
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE has an average price among 8.4 inch tablets for today. The lowest device's cost in USA is $274.51.
The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE is released with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) - the most widely used OS in the world. At the moment 4.4.2 (KitKat) is already an old Android version: without the platform update the owner of the device will not be able to run the most part of all new games and apps. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE has a great quality 8.4 inch display with a resolution 1600 x 2560 pixels.
This tablet has non-removable Li-Ion 4900 mAh battery which is a good battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed tasks: for example watching a video will run down the battery quicker than browsing the web.
The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE is equipped with Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (S800) Quad-core 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (Exynos 5420) processor which shows a great performance. Please note, that quad core CPU guarantees that this Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE will be more effective at performing multiple tasks. If you want to buy the most powerful tablet check Huawei MediaPad T2 10.0 Pro.
The device has 3 GB RAM which is a perfect amount of memory for multi-tasking. The base model of the tablet has a typical amount of internal memory. If you need more amount, you can buy other size options or you can just increase the tab's storage with a microSD, up to 256 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE has a rather good for tablets 8 megapixel rear camera that can make pictures of a good quality. The tablet's 2.1 megapixel front camera is weak. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2014, June
- Available. Released 2014, July
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Exynos 5 Octa 5420
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (S800) Quad-core 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (Exynos 5420)
- Adreno 330 (S800) Mali-T628MP6 (Exynos 5420)
- 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash
- 2.1 MP
- 8.4 inches
- 1600 x 2560 pixels (~359 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Yes - Samsung TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4900 mAh battery
- About 29 h
- About 80 h
- 212.8 x 125.6 x 6.6 mm (8.38 x 4.94 x 0.26 in)
- 298 g (10.51 oz)
- Dazzling White, Titanium Bronze
- 16/32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB Host
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE 850 / 2100
- HSPA, LTE