Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 prices and specs
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is one of the low-cost 8 inch tablets for now. The model's cost in USA is $199.99.
The Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is released with Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - the most widespread platform on the market. For today 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) is already an outdated Android version: without the platform update you will not be able to run the most part of all new games and apps. The tablet has an average quality 8 inch display with a resolution 800 x 1280 pixels.
The Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has non-removable Li-Ion 4450 mAh battery which is a satisfactory battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life greatly depends on the kind of performed operations: for example playing a game will run down the battery quicker than typing an email.
The tablet is equipped with Dual-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A9 processor that shows an average performance. Please note, that dual core CPU means that this tablet will be better for multitasking. If you want to buy the most powerful tablet check LG G Pad X 8.0.
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has 1.5 GB RAM that is an average amount of memory for normal performance. The base version of the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has a typical amount of internal memory. If you need more amount of storage, you can purchase more expensive size options or you can just increase its storage with a microSD, up to 64 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has a typical for tablets 5 megapixel rear camera. The tablet's 1.3 megapixel front camera is weak. The tablet supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the model has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2013, June
- Available. Released 2013, July
- Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Exynos 4212 Dual
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A9
- 5 MP, autofocus
- 1.3 MP
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection
- 8.0 inches
- 800 x 1280 pixels (~189 ppi pixel density)
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4450 mAh battery
- About 11 h
- About 96 h
- 209.8 x 123.8 x 7.4 mm (8.26 x 4.87 x 0.29 in)
- 314 g (11.08 oz, 0.69 lb)
- White, Gold
- 16/32 GB, 1.5 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 64 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB Host
- Accelerometer, compass, proximity (3G/LTE models only)
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SM-T3110, SM-T315
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - SM-T311, SM-T315
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - SM-T315
- HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat3 100/50 Mbps