Microsoft Surface prices and specs
The Microsoft Surface is one of the expensive 10.6 inch tablets on the market. The lowest model's price in USA is $738.22.
The Surface runs Microsoft Windows RT that is a not widespread platform for now. The Surface has a low quality 10.6 inch screen with a resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
The device has Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A9 processor that provides a perfect performance. Please note, that quad core CPU means that this device will be a better choice for multitasking. If you want to buy the most powerful tablet check LG G Pad III 10.1 FHD.
The tab runs 2 GB RAM that is a common amount of memory for normal performance. The cheapest version of the tablet has a rather big amount of internal storage - 32GB. If you need more amount of memory, you can select more expensive size options or you can simply expand its storage with a microSD, up to 64 GB.
The Microsoft Surface has a weak 1.2 megapixel rear camera. The tab's 1.2 megapixel front camera is bad. The Surface supports 2g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the model has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2012, October
- Available. Released 2012, November
- Microsoft Windows RT
- Nvidia Tegra 3 T30
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A9
- ULP GeForce
- 1.2 MP
- 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps
- 10.6 inches
- 1366 x 768 pixels (~148 ppi pixel density)
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Yes, up to 5 fingers - ClearType technology
- Non-removable Li-Ion battery (31.5 Wh)
- About 360 h
- About 8 h
- 274.6 x 172 x 9.4 mm (10.81 x 6.77 x 0.37 in)
- 680.4 g (1.50 lb, 24 oz)
- No - Built-in kickstand
- Dark Titanium
- 32/64 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 64 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- v4.0, A2DP
- USB v2.0, USB Host support
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Email, Push Email, IM
- No cellular connectivity