Apple iPad Pro 9.7 prices and specs
The Apple iPad Pro 9.7 is one of the expensive 9.7 inch tablets on the market. The lowest model's cost in USA is $650.00.
The iPad Pro 9.7 is released with iOS 9.3.2: it is an outdated version that needs to be updated to run new apps. The tablet has a great quality 9.7 inch display with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
The iPad Pro 9.7 has non-removable Li-Ion 7 306 mAh battery which is a great battery capacity. Anyway you should keep in mind that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed operations: for example shooting photos will run down the battery quicker than browsing the web.
The device is equipped with Dual-core 2.16 GHz (Twister) processor that shows a satisfactory performance. Please note, that dual core processor guarantees that this device will be a better choice for multitasking. If you want to buy the tablet that shows the outstanding performance check Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus.
iPad Pro 9.7 has 2 GB RAM that is a typical amount of memory for normal performance. The base version of the iPad Pro 9.7 is equipped with a big amount of internal memory - 32GB. If you need more amount of memory, you can select other size options.
The iPad Pro 9.7 has a rather good for tablets 12 megapixel primary camera that can shoot pictures of a good quality. The tab's 5 megapixel front camera is rather good for tablets. It can be useful in the case of a sudden need to make selfie. The Apple iPad Pro 9.7 supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v4.2 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, March
- Available. Released 2016, March
- iOS 9.3.2, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A9X
- Dual-core 2.16 GHz (Twister)
- PowerVR Series 7 (12-core graphics)
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 31mm, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@120fps, 720p@240fps
- 1/3" sensor size, 1.22 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- 9.7 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~264 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating - True-tone display
- Non-removable Li-Ion 7 306 mAh battery
- About 10 h
- 240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm (9.45 x 6.67 x 0.24 in)
- 437 g (Wi-Fi) / 444 g (LTE) (15.66 oz)
- Silver, Gold, Space Gray, Rose Gold
- 32/128/256 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, EDR
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)
- v2.0, reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer
- iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 27(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPad Pro 9.7?
- Nick T., 2017-02-08
This is the part where we normally introduce our readers to the device being reviewed, but seriously, does the iPad need an introduction? Not really. Six years ago, it single-handedly defined what a modern tablet should look and feel like. Today, it is the only tablet that matters in a segment of the mobile industry clutched by stagnation. And the iPad Pro 9.7 – the newest member in the lineup – further solidifies Apple’s position as a leader on the tablet scene.
- Matt Swider , 2017-02-08
Apple is slowly transforming its iPad into a 2-in-1, and while this new tablet may not be a laptop replacement, it's more than simply an iPad Air 3. It's best used with pro-level accessories like the Smart Keyboard and Pencil, but it gets even more expensive.
- Scott Stein , 2017-02-08
THE GOOD The new iPad Pro delivers a fast processor; a bright, antireflective display; support for Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard accessories; better, louder speakers and top-notch cameras, in the same exact body as the iPad Air 2.
THE BAD A higher price, plus expensive accessories. Less RAM and a slightly slower processor than the 12.9-inch iPad Pro. iOS still limits overall flexibility of this iPad.
THE BOTTOM LINE It's still not a full-fledged laptop killer, but the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro is the best iPad ever made -- a near-perfect balance of tablet power and portability.