Apple iPad Air 2 prices and specs
The Apple iPad Air 2 has an average price among 9.7 inch tablets for now. The lowest tab's price in USA is $384.98.
The iPad Air 2 is released with iOS 8.1: it is an old version that needs to be updated to support new apps. The tab has a high quality 9.7 inch screen with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
The tab has Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon processor which shows a standard performance. Please note, that triple core CPU guarantees that this tab will be a better choice for multitasking. If you want to buy the most powerful tablet check Huawei MediaPad M2 7.0.
The device runs 2 GB RAM which is a common amount of memory for normal performance. The base version of the iPad Air 2 has an average amount of internal memory. If you want more amount, you can select other size options.
The Apple iPad Air 2 has a rather good for tablets 8 megapixel primary camera that can shoot photos of a satisfactory quality. The tablet's 1.2 megapixel front camera is weak. The iPad Air 2 supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the model has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use Bluetooth headphones for listening music for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2014, October
- Available. Released 2014, October
- iOS 8.1, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A8X
- Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon
- PowerVR GXA6850 (octa-core graphics)
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 31mm, autofocus
- 1.2 MP, f/2.2, 31mm, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 1.12Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- 9.7 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~264 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Non-removable Li-Po battery (27.3 Wh)
- About 10 h
- 240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm (9.45 x 6.67 x 0.24 in)
- 437 g (Wi-Fi) / 444 g (3G/LTE) (15.41 oz, 0.96 lb)
- Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- 16/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (3G/LTE model only)
- v2.0, reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer
- iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - A1567
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPad Air 2?
Apple iPad Air 2 compared to rivals
List of all tablets like Apple IPad Air 2. Compare tech specs of IPad Air 2 and find out what tablet has better camera, processor, screen and battery life.
At first sight many tablets have specifications similar to IPad Air 2 and it can be really difficult to select the best one until their specs are compared side by side. And SpecsPRO has done it for you! IPad Air 2 comparison to its rivals will help you to select really the best tablet for now easily and quickly.
Apple iPad Air 2 videos
Before buying this tablet we recommend you to watch a few IPad Air 2 video reviews to receive full info about all tablet's specs and features. You'll spend just a few minutes but you'll get full and clear info about its specs which will help you to make the right decision.
Apple iPad Air 2 reviews by users and experts
If you still hesitate whether to buy this tablet or not, read all IPad Air 2 reviews by users and experts from CNET, GSMArena, TechRadar and others. You will get true info about the specs and the experience of usage from real users of this tablet. If you are already an owner of this tab please rate it and share your opinion! This information can be very useful to other customers.
Rating 8.66 from 10
- John V., 2017-02-08
In the tablet world, there’s only one significant name that stands unchallenged in the space – the iPad. Yes, Apple’s tablet continues to have a firm stranglehold of the tablet market, mainly because it’s so versatile in many ways. Last year, the company upped its game with the introduction of the incredibly thin iPad Air, one that obviously continues the tradition of forward thinking design for Apple. Typical to say the least, the iPad Air 2 aims to continue that trend to a higher degree – while being outfitted with some new hardware and features in the process.
Of course, as we all know too well, Apple is notorious for recycling designs, which was profoundly evident between the iPad 2, 3, and 4. On the surface, the iPad Air 2 very much looks like its predecessor, but there are some differences that make it notable in several fronts. Regardless of whatever they are, will it be enough to distance itself from its highly-esteemed predecessor?Read more
- Gareth Beavis , 2017-02-08
A brilliant tablet that has further raised the bar for the rest of the competition. If you're in two minds what to go for - this is your choice.Read more
- Scott Stein , 2017-02-08
THE GOOD The iPad Air 2 has a great balance of size and weight. Crisp, bright display. iOS 9 runs perfectly, including split-screen apps.
THE BAD Priced relatively high for a tablet; single speaker isn't that loud compared to iPad Pro.
THE BOTTOM LINE Apple's aging mid-range tablet is still the perfect mix of size and performance for nearly everyone.Read more