Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 prices and specs
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has an average price among 8 inch tablets for now. The lowest device's price in USA is $349.99.
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 is released with Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) - the most widely used OS on the market. At the moment 5.0.2 (Lollipop) is already an outdated Android version: without the OS update you will not be able to install many new games and apps. The tablet has a great quality 8 inch screen with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
This tablet has non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery which is a satisfactory battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed tasks: for example watching a video will run down the battery quicker than reading a book.
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 is equipped with Octa-core (4x1.9 GHz & 4x1.3 GHz) - T710, T715 Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) - T719N CPU that shows a very high performance. Please note, that octa core processor means that this Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 will be a better choice for performing multiple tasks.
The tablet has 3 GB RAM that is a perfect amount of memory for running desktop apps. The cheapest model of the tablet is equipped with a very good amount of internal storage - 32GB. If you want more amount of storage, you can select more expensive size options or you can easily expand its storage with a microSD, up to 256 GB.
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has a rather good for tablets 8 megapixel primary camera that can make pictures of a satisfactory quality. The tablet's 2.1 megapixel front camera is bad. The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the model has a Bluetooth v4.1 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, July
- Available. Released 2015, September
- Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) - T710, T715 Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) - T719N
- Exynos 5433 - T710, T715 Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 - T719N
- Octa-core (4x1.9 GHz & 4x1.3 GHz) - T710, T715 Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) - T719N
- Mali-T760 MP6 - T710, T715 Adreno 510 - T719N
- 8 MP, autofocus
- 2.1 MP
- 8.0 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~320 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- About 27 h
- About 74 h
- 198.6 x 134.8 x 5.6 mm (7.82 x 5.31 x 0.22 in)
- 265 g (Wi-Fi) / 272 g (LTE) (9.59 oz)
- White, black gold
- 32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.1, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL TV-out)
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800)
- HSPA, LTE
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0?
- ANDREW MARTONIK , 2017-02-08
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 is thin, light, powerful, has a great screen, and is sprinkled with extra features like a fingerprint sensor, good battery life, a decent rear-facing camera and a solid side-by-side app implementation. Unfortunately it still comes up short with Samsung's overall weak software design, and poor button and speaker placement when using the tablet in landscape. Perhaps the biggest downside, however, is it's price — not everyone is willing to spend $399 on an 8-inch tablet.
- Matt Swider, 2017-02-08
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is an upgrade in size and name only. It has a thinner and lighter profile with a new 4:3 aspect ratio, but the specs bump is small and battery life is short.
- Xiomara Blanco , 2017-02-08
THE GOOD The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has bright and vividly colorful screen. Its rail-thin design is comfortable and ultracompact. It comes with 32GB of storage, a microSD card expansion slot and fingerprint scanner. Battery life is long.
THE BAD Unlike previous models, there's no IR blaster.
THE BOTTOM LINE The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2's brilliant screen, plentiful storage capacity and slender build make it a great tablet for everyday use at home or on the go.