Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 prices and specs
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has an average price among 8 inch tablets for today. The lowest model's cost in USA is $399.99.
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 is released with Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) - the most popular operating system in the world. At the moment 5.0.2 (Lollipop) is already an out-of-date Android version: the newest apps and games with a high probability will not run the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 with the current platform version. The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has a high quality 8 inch display with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery that is a satisfactory battery capacity. Anyway you should keep in mind that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed tasks: for example watching a video will run down the battery quicker than typing an email.
The device is equipped with Octa-core (4x1.9 GHz & 4x1.3 GHz) - T710, T715 Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) - T719N CPU that provides an outstanding performance. Please note, that octa core processor guarantees that this device will be better for multitasking.
Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has 3 GB RAM that is a great amount of memory for running desktop apps. The base version of the tablet is equipped with a very good amount of internal storage - 32GB. If you want more, you can buy more expensive size options or you can easily increase the tablet's storage with a microSD, up to 256 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 has a very good for tablets 8 megapixel rear camera that can make photos of a good quality. The tab's 2.1 megapixel front camera is weak. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the model has a Bluetooth v4.1 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, July
- Available. Released 2015, September
- Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) - T710, T715 Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) - T719N
- Exynos 5433 - T710, T715 Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 - T719N
- Octa-core (4x1.9 GHz & 4x1.3 GHz) - T710, T715 Octa-core (4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53) - T719N
- Mali-T760 MP6 - T710, T715 Adreno 510 - T719N
- 8 MP, autofocus
- 2.1 MP
- 8.0 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~320 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- About 27 h
- About 74 h
- 198.6 x 134.8 x 5.6 mm (7.82 x 5.31 x 0.22 in)
- 265 g (Wi-Fi) / 272 g (LTE) (9.59 oz, 0.58 lb)
- White, black gold
- 32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.1, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL TV-out)
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800)
- HSPA, LTE
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0?
- ANDREW MARTONIK , 2017-02-08
The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 is thin, light, powerful, has a great screen, and is sprinkled with extra features like a fingerprint sensor, good battery life, a decent rear-facing camera and a solid side-by-side app implementation. Unfortunately it still comes up short with Samsung's overall weak software design, and poor button and speaker placement when using the tablet in landscape. Perhaps the biggest downside, however, is it's price — not everyone is willing to spend $399 on an 8-inch tablet.
- Matt Swider, 2017-02-08
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is an upgrade in size and name only. It has a thinner and lighter profile with a new 4:3 aspect ratio, but the specs bump is small and battery life is short.
- Xiomara Blanco , 2017-02-08
THE GOOD The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has bright and vividly colorful screen. Its rail-thin design is comfortable and ultracompact. It comes with 32GB of storage, a microSD card expansion slot and fingerprint scanner. Battery life is long.
THE BAD Unlike previous models, there's no IR blaster.
THE BOTTOM LINE The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2's brilliant screen, plentiful storage capacity and slender build make it a great tablet for everyday use at home or on the go.