Apple iPad mini 4 prices and specs
The Apple iPad mini 4 has an average price among 7.9 inch tablets for now. The lowest tablet's price in USA is $339.00.
The iPad mini 4 is released with iOS 9: if the device supports newer iOS version you need to update it to install fresh apps. The tablet has a great quality 7.9 inch screen with a resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels.
This tablet has non-removable Li-Ion 5124 mAh battery that is a perfect battery capacity. Anyway you should note that the battery life greatly depends on the kind of performed operations: for example shooting photos will run down the battery quicker than reading a book.
The iPad mini 4 is equipped with Dual-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon CPU which shows a satisfactory performance. Please note, that dual core processor means that this iPad mini 4 will be more effective at performing multiple tasks. If you want to buy the tablet that shows the outstanding performance check Huawei Honor Pad 2.
iPad mini 4 has 2 GB RAM which is a standard amount of memory for normal performance. The cheapest version of the tablet has a common amount of internal memory. If you want more, you can purchase more expensive size options.
The Apple iPad mini 4 has a rather good for tablets 8 megapixel primary camera that can make photos of a satisfactory quality. The tab's 1.2 megapixel front camera is weak. The tablet supports 2g, 3g, 4g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v4.0 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, September
- Available. Released 2015, September
- iOS 9, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A8
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon
- PowerVR GX6450 (quad-core graphics)
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 32mm, autofocus
- 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 1.12Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- 7.9 inches
- 1536 x 2048 pixels (~324 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Non-removable Li-Ion 5124 mAh battery (19.1 Wh)
- About 10 h
- 203.2 x 134.8 x 6.1 mm (8.0 x 5.31 x 0.24 in)
- 299 g (Wi-Fi) / 304 g (3G/LTE) (10.55 oz, 0.66 lb)
- Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- 16/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, EDR
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (3G/LTE model only)
- v2.0, reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer
- iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - Cellular version only
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPad mini 4?
- John V., 2017-02-08
Apple’s latest iPad mini, the 4th generation model to be exact, helps to diversify the company’s portfolio, which recently got expanded with the introduction of the iPad Pro, but for those looking to keep it slim, compact, and simple, the iPad mini 4 is always worth the look. However, are there enough improvements and upgrades to warrant a refresh, or an incentive to upgrade?
- Gareth Beavis, 2017-02-08
If this was the iPad mini launched alongside the Air 2, it would have been an easy five stars. However, even with a year in between, it still performs very well for a smaller slate.
- Scott Stein , 2017-02-08
THE GOOD Compact size, vivid display, works with split-screen apps in iOS 9. Basically, a shrunken-down iPad Air 2. Perfect hand feel for vacations.
THE BAD Price is high for an 8-inch tablet. Slower graphics mean some apps and games don't feel as zippy. Small screen makes for cramped typing and multitasking.
THE BOTTOM LINE Unless you're absolutely in love with the iPad Mini 4's smaller size, opt for the faster, larger, identically priced, and still pretty portable iPad Air 2.