Xiaomi Mi 5 specification and prices
First information about the Mi 5 by Xiaomi appeared on February 2016 and on sale it appeared on April 2016. This device belongs to the lowest price range: the Xiaomi Mi 5 price in USA for now is $177.17. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, T-Mobile, Boost Mobile as well as retailers like Target, Best Buy.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular platform in the world for now - Android OS. Mi 5 has the late Android version: 6.0 (Marshmallow). It means that the mobile phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The cell phone has Quad-core (2x1.8 GHz Kryo & 2x1.36 GHz Kryo) - Standard edition Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) - Prime & Pro edition processor that provides an outstanding performance. The cell phone has 4 GB RAM that is a perfect amount of memory.
This device has powerful 16 megapixel primary camera. It will produce amazing photos and videos. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a not very large aperture for a mobile phone and it will allow the Xiaomi Mi 5 to let in more light to make nice photos at night. 4 megapixel front camera makes Mi 5 an average choice for having selfies. It can shoot 4K high definition video with its rear camera. 4K is the highest resolution that smartphones support for now.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 has a big 5.15 inch display size. This means that most part of users will have some difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such display size has great benefits in compare to the smaller one: it's easier for taking pictures, better for playing games and amazing for reading books.
Mi 5 has non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery.
The Mi 5 weight is [euro_weight] grams ([us_weight] oz), it is 144.6 mm (5.69 in) high, 69.2 mm (2.72 in) wide and has a 7.3 mm (0.29 in) depth what means that this cell phone is thin.
You can buy Mi 5 in Black, White, Gold or Ceramic colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, February
- Available. Released 2016, April
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Quad-core (2x1.8 GHz Kryo & 2x1.36 GHz Kryo) - Standard edition Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) - Prime & Pro edition
- Adreno 530
- 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 4 MP, f/2.0, 1/3" sensor size, 2Âµm pixel size, 1080p@30fps
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- 1/2.8" sensor size, 1.12 Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.15 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~428 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - MIUI 7.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- 144.6 x 69.2 x 7.3 mm (5.69 x 2.72 x 0.29 in)
- 129 g / 139 g (4.90 oz, 0.28 lb)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
- Dual SIM
- Black, White, Gold, Ceramic
- 128 GB, 4 GB RAM - Pro edition 64 GB, 3 GB RAM - Prime edition 32 GB, 3 GB RAM - Standard
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat12 600/150 Mbps
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 5?
Xiaomi Mi 5 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Xiaomi Mi 5. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Mi 5 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Mi 5 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Xiaomi Mi 5 videos
Mi 5 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Xiaomi Mi 5 reviews by users and experts
List of Mi 5 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Mi 5 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Mi 5 it will be very useful too!