Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 prices and specs
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is one of the low-priced 10.1 inch tablets for today. The tablet's price in USA is $57.83.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is released with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - the most popular OS on the market. For now 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is already an old Android version: the newest apps and games with a high probability will not support the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 with the current platform version. The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has a not satisfactory quality 10.1 inch screen with a resolution 800 x 1280 pixels.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has non-removable Li-Po 7000 mAh battery that is a great battery capacity. Anyway you should keep in mind that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed operations: for example watching a video will run down the battery quicker than typing an email.
The device is equipped with Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU that provides a standard performance. Please note, that dual core CPU means that this device will be more effective at multitasking. If you want to buy the most powerful tablet check LG G Pad III 8.0 FHD.
The tab has 1 GB RAM that is a common amount of memory for normal performance. The base model of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has enough internal memory. If you want more, you can buy more expensive size options or you can just increase the tablet's storage with a microSD, up to 32 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has a typical for tablets 3.15 megapixel primary camera. The tablet's VGA megapixel front camera is weak. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 supports 2g, 3g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v3.0 which means that you'll be able to use it for simple transferring files between devices for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2012, February
- Available. Released 2012, May
- Android OS, v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- TI OMAP 4430
- Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9
- PowerVR SGX540
- 3.15 MP
- 10.1 inches
- 800 x 1280 pixels (~149 ppi pixel density)
- PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass - TouchWiz UX UI
- Non-removable Li-Po 7000 mAh battery
- About 2000 h
- About 10 h
- 256.6 x 175.3 x 9.7 mm (10.10 x 6.90 x 0.38 in)
- 588 g (1.30 lb)
- Black, White
- 16/32 GB, 1 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v3.0, A2DP
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- v2.0, USB Host
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML, Adobe Flash
- GSM / HSPA
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps