Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 prices and specs
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is one of the low-cost 10.1 inch tablets for now. The model's price in USA is $199.99.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is released with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - the most widely used OS on the market. For now 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is already an out-of-date Android version: the tab will support almost all old games and apps and only some new ones until the current OS version is not updated. The tab has a low quality 10.1 inch screen with a resolution 800 x 1280 pixels.
This tab has non-removable Li-Po 7000 mAh battery which is a high battery capacity. Anyway you should keep in mind that the battery life largely depends on the kind of performed tasks: for example playing a game will run down the battery quicker than typing an email.
The device is equipped with Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU which provides a satisfactory performance. Please note, that dual core processor guarantees that this device will be more effective at performing multiple tasks. If you want to buy the most powerful tablet check LG G Pad III 8.0 FHD.
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has 1 GB RAM which is an average amount of memory for normal performance. The base model of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 is equipped with an average amount of internal memory. If you need more amount of storage, you can select other size options or you can easily increase its storage with a microSD, up to 32 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has a typical for tablets 3.15 megapixel primary camera. The tablet's VGA megapixel front camera is bad. The tablet supports 2g, 3g bands and has Wi-Fi. Also the tab has a Bluetooth v3.0 which means that you'll be able to use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for example.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2012, February
- Available. Released 2012, May
- Android OS, v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradable to v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- TI OMAP 4430
- Dual-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A9
- PowerVR SGX540
- 3.15 MP
- 10.1 inches
- 800 x 1280 pixels (~149 ppi pixel density)
- PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass - TouchWiz UX UI
- Non-removable Li-Po 7000 mAh battery
- About 2000 h
- About 10 h
- 256.6 x 175.3 x 9.7 mm (10.10 x 6.90 x 0.38 in)
- 588 g (1.30 lb, 20.74 oz)
- Black, White
- 16/32 GB, 1 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v3.0, A2DP
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- v2.0, USB Host
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML, Adobe Flash
- GSM / HSPA
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps