Motorola Moto X Play specification and prices
First info about the Moto X Play by Motorola appeared on July 2015 and on sale it appeared on August 2015. This device belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Motorola Moto X Play cost in USA for now is $369.00. The phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless as well as retailers like Best Buy, Wal-Mart.
The phone runs on the most popular platform on the market for now - Android OS. Moto X Play was produced with the already outdated for today Android version: 5.1.1 (Lollipop). It means that the phone owner will not be able to play the newest games and run the newest apps with the current OS version. The model is equipped with Octa-core (4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU which shows an outstanding performance. The mobile phone has 2 GB RAM which is an average amount of memory for normal usage.
The Moto X Play has amazing 21 megapixel rear camera. With such camera owner of this device will be able to take amazing photos and videos. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a rather large aperture for a smartphone and it will allow the Motorola Moto X Play to let in more light to get good photos at night. 5 megapixel front camera makes Moto X Play an average choice for selfie lovers selfies. Primary camera of Moto X Play can capture full HD high quality video, which image is not so amazing as 4K but is also very bright and clear.
The Moto X Play has a big 5.5 inch display. It means that a lot of users will have some difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such screen size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more convenient to use the display as a viewfinder, better for playing games and perfect for quick typing.
This phone has non-removable 3630 mAh battery.
The mobile phone's weight is 169 grams (5.96 oz), it is 148 mm (5.83 in) high, 75 mm (2.95 in) wide and has a 10.9 mm (0.43 in) depth what means that this cell phone is thick.
You can buy Moto X Play in Black or White colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, July
- Available. Released 2015, August
- Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), v6.0, planned upgrade to v7.0 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
- Octa-core (4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Adreno 405
- 21 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5 MP, f/2.2
- 1/2.4" sensor size, 1.1 Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, auto-HDR
- 5.5 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~403 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Non-removable 3630 mAh battery
- 148 x 75 x 10.9 mm (5.83 x 2.95 x 0.43 in)
- 169 g (5.96 oz, 0.37 lb)
- Black, White
- 16/32 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS
- FM radio
- microUSB v2.0
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 - XT1562 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - XT1563 (SS)
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 41(2500) - XT1562 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700) - XT1563 (SS) LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800)
- HSPA, LTE
Where to buy Motorola Moto X Play?
Motorola Moto X Play compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Motorola Moto X Play. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Moto X Play to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Moto X Play comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Motorola Moto X Play comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
More expensive alternatives to Motorola Moto X Play:
Motorola Moto X Play videos
Moto X Play video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Motorola Moto X Play reviews by users and experts
List of Moto X Play reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Moto X Play is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Moto X Play it will be very useful too!