Motorola Moto X Play specification and prices
The Moto X Play by Motorola was announced on July 2015 and on sale it appeared on August 2015. This cell phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Motorola Moto X Play cost in USA for today is $249.99. The mobile is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Virgin Mobile USA as well as retailers like Target, RadioShack.
The mobile runs on the most popular operating system on the market for today - Android OS. Moto X Play was produced with the already outdated for today Android version: 5.1.1 (Lollipop). It means that the mobile with this default OS version will not be able to run the latest games and apps. The Moto X Play has Octa-core (4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53) processor that shows a great performance. Moto X Play has 2 GB RAM that is an average amount of memory for normal usage.
The Moto X Play has powerful 21 megapixel rear camera. With such camera owner of this cell phone will be able to make amazing pictures and videos. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a rather large aperture for a mobile phone and it will allow the Motorola Moto X Play to let in more light to get nice pictures in dark rooms. 5 megapixel front camera makes Moto X Play a standard choice for making selfies. Rear camera of Moto X Play can shoot full HD high quality video, which image is not so perfect as 4K but is also very bright and clear.
The cell phone has a rather big 5.5 inch display. This means that a lot of users may have some difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such screen size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller one: it's more convenient to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for watching movies and great for reading books.
Moto X Play has non-removable 3630 mAh battery.
The Moto X Play weight is 169 grams (5.96 oz), it is 148 mm (5.83 in) high, 75 mm (2.95 in) wide and has a 10.9 mm (0.43 in) depth what means that this mobile phone is thick.
You can purchase Moto X Play in Black or White colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, July
- Available. Released 2015, August
- Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), v6.0, planned upgrade to v7.0 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
- Octa-core (4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Adreno 405
- 21 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5 MP, f/2.2
- 1/2.4" sensor size, 1.1 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, auto-HDR
- 5.5 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~403 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Non-removable 3630 mAh battery
- 148 x 75 x 10.9 mm (5.83 x 2.95 x 0.43 in)
- 169 g (5.96 oz)
- Black, White
- 16/32 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS
- FM radio
- microUSB v2.0
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 - XT1562 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - XT1563 (SS)
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 41(2500) - XT1562 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700) - XT1563 (SS) LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800)
- HSPA, LTE