HTC One (M8) specification and prices
HTC One (M8) appeared on sale on March 2014. This cell phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest HTC One (M8) cost in USA for today is $208.99. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint as well as retail stores like Target, RadioShack.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular operating system in the world for today - Android OS. One (M8) was produced with the already outdated for today Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat). It means that the mobile phone owner will not be able to play the latest games and run the latest apps with this default OS version. The phone has Quad-core 2.3 GHz (US/EMEA)/ 2.5 GHz (Asia, China) Krait 400 processor that shows a perfect performance. The cell phone runs 2 GB RAM that is a common amount of memory for normal usage.
The One (M8) has bad 4 megapixel primary camera. It will make photos and videos of a low quality and you won't be able to get good images. To take a photos with a better quality check Desire 530 and for the best quality you will need HTC U Play. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a not very large aperture for a cell phone and it will allow the HTC One (M8) to let in more light to get good photos in dark rooms. 5 megapixel front camera makes One (M8) a common choice for getting selfies. Rear camera of One (M8) can film full HD high definition video, which image is not so amazing as 4K but is also very bright and clear.
The cell phone has a standard 5 inch display size. It means that most part of users will not experience difficulties use the mobile phone with one hand. Such screen size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more handy to use the screen as a viewfinder , better for watching movies and amazing for browsing the web.
This mobile has non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, that will provide up to 496 hours of standby time and about 20 hours of talk time. It is very good battery life results.
The mobile phone's weight is 160 grams (5.64 oz), it is 146.4 mm (5.76 in) high, 70.6 mm (2.78 in) wide and has a 9.4 mm (0.37 in) depth which means that this cell phone is rather thick.
You can buy One (M8) in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver or Amber Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2014, March
- Available. Released 2014, March
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz (US/EMEA)/ 2.5 GHz (Asia, China) Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Dual 4 MP, f/2.0, 27mm, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps, HDR
- 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 1/3" sensor size, 2µm pixel size, geo-tagging, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
- 5.0 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 - HTC Sense UI 6.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery
- About 271 h / About 496 h
- About 14 h / About 20 h
- 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm (5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 in)
- 160 g (5.64 oz)
- Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver, Amber Gold
- 16/32 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Yes (market/operator dependent)
- Stereo FM radio, RDS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB Host
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - EMEA, Asia HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - AT&T HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - T-Mobile
- LTE band 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - EMEA LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700) - Asia LTE band 4(1700/2100), 17(700) - T-Mobile LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 17(700) - AT&T LTE band 40(2300) - India
- HSPA 42.2/21.1(AT&T)/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps