HTC One (M8) specification and prices
The first HTC One (M8) offers appeared on March 2014. This mobile phone belongs to the lowest price range: the HTC One (M8) cost in USA for today is $168.99. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Sprint as well as retailers like Best Buy, Wal-Mart.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular operating system on the market for now - Android OS. One (M8) was produced with the already outdated for today Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat). It means that the mobile phone owner will not be able to play the latest games and run the latest apps with this default OS version. The cell phone has Quad-core 2.3 GHz (US/EMEA)/ 2.5 GHz (Asia, China) Krait 400 processor which shows a perfect performance. It runs 2 GB RAM which is a typical amount of memory for normal usage.
This mobile phone has bad 4 megapixel primary camera. It will make photos and videos of a not satisfactory quality and you won't be able to get nice photos. To make a photos with a better quality check Desire 530 and for the best quality you will need HTC Desire 10 Pro. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a not very large aperture for a mobile and it will allow the HTC One (M8) to let in more light to capture nice photos in dark rooms. 5 megapixel front camera makes HTC One (M8) a standard choice for selfie lovers selfies. Primary camera of HTC One (M8) can capture full HD high quality video, which is only second to 4K.
The HTC One (M8) has an average 5 inch display. It means that most part of users will not experience difficulties use the mobile phone with one hand. Such display size has great benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's more convenient to use the display as a viewfinder , better for watching movies and amazing for browsing the web.
One (M8) has non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, that can guarantee up to 496 hours of standby time and about 20 hours of talk time. It is nice battery life results.
The model's weight is 160 grams (5.64 oz), it is 146.4 mm (5.76 in) high, 70.6 mm (2.78 in) wide and has a 9.4 mm (0.37 in) depth what means that this mobile phone is rather thick.
You can purchase One (M8) in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver or Amber Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2014, March
- Available. Released 2014, March
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz (US/EMEA)/ 2.5 GHz (Asia, China) Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Dual 4 MP, f/2.0, 27mm, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps, HDR
- 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 1/3" sensor size, 2Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
- 5.0 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 - HTC Sense UI 6.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery
- About 271 h / About 496 h
- About 14 h / About 20 h
- 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm (5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 in)
- 160 g (5.64 oz, 0.35 lb)
- Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver, Amber Gold
- 16/32 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Yes (market/operator dependent)
- Stereo FM radio, RDS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB Host
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - EMEA, Asia HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - AT&T HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - T-Mobile
- LTE band 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - EMEA LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700) - Asia LTE band 4(1700/2100), 17(700) - T-Mobile LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 17(700) - AT&T LTE band 40(2300) - India
- HSPA 42.2/21.1(AT&T)/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps