HTC One (M8) specification and prices
HTC One (M8) appeared on sale on March 2014. This mobile belongs to the middle price range: the lowest HTC One (M8) price in USA for today is $210.00. The phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA as well as retail stores like RadioShack, Target.
The phone runs on the most popular operating system in the world for today - Android OS. One (M8) has released with the already old for now Android version: 4.4.2 (KitKat). It means that the phone owner will be able to run only some old games and apps with this default OS version. The mobile phone is equipped with Quad-core 2.3 GHz (US/EMEA)/ 2.5 GHz (Asia, China) Krait 400 CPU which provides a perfect performance. The cell phone runs 2 GB RAM which is an average amount of memory for normal usage.
This mobile has bad 4 megapixel primary camera. It will make pictures and videos of a low quality and you won't be able to get good content. To take a pictures with a better quality check Desire 530 and for the best quality you will need HTC Desire 10 Pro. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a rather large aperture for a mobile and it will allow the HTC One (M8) to let in more light to capture satisfactory quality pictures in dark rooms. 5 megapixel front camera makes HTC One (M8) a common choice for getting selfies. Rear camera of HTC One (M8) can film full HD high definition video, which is only second to 4K.
The mobile phone has a standard 5 inch display. It means that most part of users will not experience difficulties use the phone with one hand. Such screen size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's easier to use the screen as a viewfinder , better for playing games and great for browsing the web.
This model has non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, that can provide up to 496 hours of standby time and about 20 hours of talk time. It is satisfactory battery life results.
The mobile phone's weight is 160 grams (5.64 oz), it is 146.4 mm (5.76 in) high, 70.6 mm (2.78 in) wide and has a 9.4 mm (0.37 in) depth which means that this cell phone is rather thick.
You can purchase One (M8) in Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver or Amber Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2014, March
- Available. Released 2014, March
- Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz (US/EMEA)/ 2.5 GHz (Asia, China) Krait 400
- Adreno 330
- Dual 4 MP, f/2.0, 27mm, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps, HDR
- 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- 1/3" sensor size, 2Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
- 5.0 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 - HTC Sense UI 6.0
- Non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery
- About 271 h / About 496 h
- About 14 h / About 20 h
- 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm (5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 in)
- 160 g (5.64 oz, 0.35 lb)
- Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver, Amber Gold
- 16/32 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Yes (market/operator dependent)
- Stereo FM radio, RDS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB Host
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - EMEA, Asia HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - AT&T HSDPA 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - T-Mobile
- LTE band 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - EMEA LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700) - Asia LTE band 4(1700/2100), 17(700) - T-Mobile LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 17(700) - AT&T LTE band 40(2300) - India
- HSPA 42.2/21.1(AT&T)/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
Where to buy HTC One (M8)?
HTC One (M8) compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to HTC One (M8). Compare tech specs of One (M8) to its rivals. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life.
Many phones specification looks similar to HTC One (M8) at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why HTC One (M8) comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
More expensive alternatives to HTC One (M8):
HTC One (M8) videos
HTC One (M8) video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about HTC One (M8) to find out if you want to buy this smartphone.
HTC One (M8) reviews by users and experts
List of HTC One (M8) reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting. And we ask owners of HTC One (M8) not to forget to rate this mobile phone and leave their reviews!
The best way to understand all pros and cons of HTC One (M8) is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of HTC One (M8) please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy this mobile phone. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate HTC One (M8) it will be very useful too!