Samsung Galaxy S7 specification and prices
The Galaxy S7 by Samsung was announced on February 2016 and on sale it appeared on March 2016. This device belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S7 cost in USA for now is $319.99. The mobile is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, Sprint, Verizon Wireless as well as retail stores like Wal-Mart, Target.
The mobile runs on the most popular operating system on the market for now - Android OS. Galaxy S7 has the late Android version: 6.0 (Marshmallow). It means that the mobile owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The phone is equipped with Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU that shows a great performance. The phone runs 4 GB RAM that is a perfect amount of memory.
This device has great 12 megapixel rear camera. It will produce great photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.7. It is an amazing aperture for a phone. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S7 to capture perfect photos even when there is little light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help in making the foreground objects sharp and the background blurry. 5 megapixel front camera makes Samsung Galaxy S7 an average choice for shooting selfies. Galaxy S7 can shoot 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the highest resolution that smartphones support for now.
The mobile phone has a rather big 5.1 inch display. It means that many users will have some difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such screen size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller one: it's more handy to use the display as a viewfinder, better for playing games and amazing for quick typing.
Galaxy S7 has non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, that can provide about 22 hours of talk time and up to 62 hours of playing music. It is excellent battery life results.
The phone's weight is 152 grams (5.36 oz), it is 142.4 mm (5.61 in) high, 69.6 mm (2.74 in) wide and has a 7.9 mm (0.31 in) depth what means that this cell phone is thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S7 in Black, White, Gold, Silver or Pink Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, February
- Available. Released 2016, March
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Exynos 8890 Octa
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Adreno 530 Mali-T880 MP12
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.1 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- About 22 h
- About 62 h
- 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm (5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 in)
- 152 g (5.36 oz, 0.34 lb)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
- Single SIM
- Black, White, Gold, Silver, Pink Gold
- 32/64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - G930F TD-SCDMA
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - G930F
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S7?
Samsung Galaxy S7 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Samsung Galaxy S7. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Galaxy S7 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Galaxy S7 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Cheaper alternatives to Samsung Galaxy S7:
Samsung Galaxy S7 comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
More expensive alternatives to Samsung Galaxy S7:
Samsung Galaxy S7 videos
Galaxy S7 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Samsung Galaxy S7 reviews by users and experts
List of Galaxy S7 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Galaxy S7 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Galaxy S7 it will be very useful too!
Rating 6.00 from 10
- John McCann, 2017-01-26
Samsung has tweaked the winning design from the S6, righted the wrongs of its previous flagships, and made a phone you don't want to put down. The Samsung Galaxy S7 is iterative perfection.Read more
- Jessica Dolcourt, 2017-01-26
THE GOOD Polished design. Awesome camera. Long battery life. microSD storage slot and water-resistant (again!).
THE BAD Annoyingly reflective. Smudge magnet. Plastic-looking selfies even with no filter. No removable battery, which isn't surprising, but is still a compromise compared to 2014's S5.
THE BOTTOM LINE The fast, powerful, beautiful Galaxy S7 phone is 2016's all-around phone to beat.Read more