Samsung Galaxy S7 specification and prices
First info about the Galaxy S7 by Samsung appeared on February 2016 and on sale it appeared on March 2016. This device belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S7 price in USA for today is $496.84. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Metro PCS, Sprint as well as retailers like Best Buy, Wal-Mart.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular operating system on the market for now - Android OS. Galaxy S7 has the late Android version: 6.0 (Marshmallow). It means that the mobile phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The mobile phone is equipped with Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53) processor which shows an outstanding performance. The mobile phone runs 4 GB RAM which is a great amount of memory.
This device has powerful 12 megapixel rear camera. It will produce cool photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.7. It is an excellent aperture for a smartphone. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S7 to get amazing photos even when there is not enough light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help to get cool blurred backgrounds. 5 megapixel front camera makes Galaxy S7 an average choice for selfie lovers selfies. Galaxy S7 can capture 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that mobile phones support for now.
The cell phone has a rather big 5.1 inch display size. This means that many users may experience difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such display size has great benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more comfortable for making pictures, better for watching movies and amazing for reading books.
This phone has non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which can guarantee about 22 hours of talk time and up to 62 hours of playing music. It is excellent battery life results.
The cell phone's weight is 152 grams (5.36 oz), it is 142.4 mm (5.61 in) high, 69.6 mm (2.74 in) wide and has a 7.9 mm (0.31 in) depth which means that this phone is thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S7 in Black, White, Gold, Silver or Pink Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, February
- Available. Released 2016, March
- Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Exynos 8890 Octa
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose & 4x1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Adreno 530 Mali-T880 MP12
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 5 MP, f/1.7, 22mm, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.1 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- About 22 h
- About 62 h
- 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm (5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 in)
- 152 g (5.36 oz)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
- Single SIM
- Black, White, Gold, Silver, Pink Gold
- 32/64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - G930F TD-SCDMA
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - G930F
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S7?
- John McCann, 2017-01-26
Samsung has tweaked the winning design from the S6, righted the wrongs of its previous flagships, and made a phone you don't want to put down. The Samsung Galaxy S7 is iterative perfection.
- Jessica Dolcourt, 2017-01-26
THE GOOD Polished design. Awesome camera. Long battery life. microSD storage slot and water-resistant (again!).
THE BAD Annoyingly reflective. Smudge magnet. Plastic-looking selfies even with no filter. No removable battery, which isn't surprising, but is still a compromise compared to 2014's S5.
THE BOTTOM LINE The fast, powerful, beautiful Galaxy S7 phone is 2016's all-around phone to beat.