LG G5 specification and prices
First information about the G5 by LG appeared on February 2016 and on sale it appeared on April 2016. This cell phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest LG G5 price in USA for now is $331.95. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, Sprint, Metro PCS as well as retail stores like Target, RadioShack.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular platform in the world for today - Android OS. G5 has the late Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It means that the mobile phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The mobile phone has Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU that provides a great performance. The phone has 4 GB RAM that is a great amount of memory.
The G5 has amazing 16 megapixel rear camera. With such camera owner of this cell phone will be able to take cool photos and videos. LG G5 camera has 2.4 aperture that is a typical size for phones. If you like to make photos in dark rooms, you won't make nice photos as the camera lets in low light. G5 also will not suit for making blurred backgrounds. Its 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for getting high quality selfies. It can shoot 4K high definition video with its primary camera. 4K is the best resolution that phones support for today.
The mobile phone has a big 5.3 inch display size. It means that many users will experience difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such display size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more comfortable to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for watching movies and perfect for browsing the web.
This model has removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, that will provide up to 400 hours of standby time and about 20 hours of talk time. It is nice battery life results.
The mobile phone's weight is 159 grams (5.61 oz), it is 149.4 mm (5.88 in) high, 73.9 mm (2.91 in) wide and has a 7.7 mm (0.30 in) depth which means that this model is thin.
You can purchase G5 in Silver, Titan, Gold or Pink colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, February
- Available. Released 2016, April
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- Dual 16 MP (f/1.8) + 8 MP (f/2.4), laser autofocus, 2x optical zoom, OIS (3-axis), LED flash
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.3 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~554 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - Always-on display - LG Optimus UX 5.0 UI
- Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery
- About 400 h
- About 20 h
- 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm (5.88 x 2.91 x 0.30 in)
- 159 g (5.61 oz, 0.35 lb)
- Single SIM
- Silver, Titan, Gold, Pink
- 32 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single SIM microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM radio
- v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only) CDMA 800 / 1900 - VS987, US992
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - H850 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - H830, US992 HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - H820 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - VS987 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - H860N
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) - H850 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 20(800) - H830 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps or LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy LG G5?
- Matt Swider, 2017-01-27
The LG G5's modular party pieces are yet to be fully realized, but away from that you've got a supremely solid flagship smartphone - if only the battery was a bit better.
- Lynn La, 2017-01-27
THE GOOD The LG G5's unique modular design lets you swap in fun accessories. It has (two!) great rear cameras, expandable storage and a replaceable battery -- a rarity in high-end phones.
THE BAD Although you can swap out some parts, there aren't enough to make this feature compelling. You can only access the phone's app drawer in a specialized theme.
THE BOTTOM LINE This is the phone to get if you want a removable battery, but it fails to live up to its world-changing Swiss Army Knife potential.