LG G5 specification and prices
First info about the G5 by LG appeared on February 2016 and on sale it appeared on April 2016. This phone belongs to the highest price range: the lowest LG G5 price in USA for now is $459.99. The device is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless as well as retail stores like Wal-Mart, RadioShack.
The device runs on the most popular operating system in the world for now - Android OS. G5 has the new Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It means that the device owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The phone has Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU that provides a great performance. The mobile phone has 4 GB RAM that is a big amount of memory.
The G5 has great 16 megapixel primary camera. With such camera owner of this phone will be able to take amazing photos and videos. LG G5 camera has 2.4 aperture that is a standard size for smartphones. If you want to capture photos in dark rooms, you won't capture quality photos as the camera lets in low light. G5 also will not suit for shooting fast action shots. G5 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. It can shoot 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that smartphones support for now.
The phone has a big 5.3 inch display size. It means that most part of users may have some difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such screen size has great benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's more comfortable to use the display as a viewfinder, better for watching movies and amazing for browsing the web.
This cell phone has removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, that will guarantee up to 400 hours of standby time and about 20 hours of talk time. It is very good battery life results.
The G5 weight is 159 grams (5.61 oz), it is 149.4 mm (5.88 in) high, 73.9 mm (2.91 in) wide and has a 7.7 mm (0.30 in) depth which means that this model is thin.
You can purchase G5 in Silver, Titan, Gold or Pink colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, February
- Available. Released 2016, April
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- Dual 16 MP (f/1.8) + 8 MP (f/2.4), laser autofocus, 2x optical zoom, OIS (3-axis), LED flash
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.3 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~554 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - Always-on display - LG Optimus UX 5.0 UI
- Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery
- About 400 h
- About 20 h
- 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm (5.88 x 2.91 x 0.30 in)
- 159 g (5.61 oz)
- Single SIM
- Silver, Titan, Gold, Pink
- 32 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single SIM microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM radio
- v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only) CDMA 800 / 1900 - VS987, US992
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - H850 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - H830, US992 HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - H820 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - VS987 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - H860N
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) - H850 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 20(800) - H830 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps or LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy LG G5?
- Matt Swider, 2017-01-27
The LG G5's modular party pieces are yet to be fully realized, but away from that you've got a supremely solid flagship smartphone - if only the battery was a bit better.
- Lynn La, 2017-01-27
THE GOOD The LG G5's unique modular design lets you swap in fun accessories. It has (two!) great rear cameras, expandable storage and a replaceable battery -- a rarity in high-end phones.
THE BAD Although you can swap out some parts, there aren't enough to make this feature compelling. You can only access the phone's app drawer in a specialized theme.
THE BOTTOM LINE This is the phone to get if you want a removable battery, but it fails to live up to its world-changing Swiss Army Knife potential.