LG G5 specification and prices
The G5 by LG was announced on February 2016 and on sale it appeared on April 2016. This mobile phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest LG G5 cost in USA for today is $288.00. The mobile is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile as well as retail stores like Wal-Mart, Best Buy.
The mobile runs on the most popular operating system on the market for now - Android OS. G5 has the late Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It means that the mobile owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The cell phone is equipped with Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor that provides a great performance. It has 4 GB RAM that is a big amount of memory.
This mobile phone has great 16 megapixel primary camera. It will make great photos and videos. LG G5 camera has 2.4 aperture that is a typical size for phones. If you want to shoot photos in dark rooms, you won't shoot nice photos as the camera lets in low light. G5 also will not suit for making blurred backgrounds. G5 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. It can shoot 4K high quality video with its primary camera. 4K is the highest resolution that phones support for now.
The cell phone has a rather big 5.3 inch display size. It means that a lot of users will experience difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such display size has cool benefits in compare to the smaller one: it's more handy to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for watching movies and great for browsing the web.
G5 has removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, that will guarantee up to 400 hours of standby time and about 20 hours of talk time. It is very good battery life results.
The model's weight is 159 grams (5.61 oz), it is 149.4 mm (5.88 in) high, 73.9 mm (2.91 in) wide and has a 7.7 mm (0.30 in) depth what means that this cell phone is thin.
You can purchase G5 in Silver, Titan, Gold or Pink colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, February
- Available. Released 2016, April
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- Dual 16 MP (f/1.8) + 8 MP (f/2.4), laser autofocus, 2x optical zoom, OIS (3-axis), LED flash
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.3 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~554 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - Always-on display - LG Optimus UX 5.0 UI
- Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery
- About 400 h
- About 20 h
- 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm (5.88 x 2.91 x 0.30 in)
- 159 g (5.61 oz, 0.35 lb)
- Single SIM
- Silver, Titan, Gold, Pink
- 32 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single SIM microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM radio
- v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, color spectrum
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only) CDMA 800 / 1900 - VS987, US992
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - H850 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - H830, US992 HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - H820 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - VS987 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - H860N
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) - H850 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 20(800) - H830 LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps or LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy LG G5?
LG G5 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to LG G5. Compare tech specs of G5 to its rivals. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life.
Many phones specification looks similar to LG G5 at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why LG G5 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Cheaper alternatives to LG G5:
LG G5 comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
More expensive alternatives to LG G5:
LG G5 videos
LG G5 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about LG G5 to find out if you want to buy this smartphone.
LG G5 reviews by users and experts
List of LG G5 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting. And we ask owners of LG G5 not to forget to rate this mobile phone and leave their reviews!
The best way to understand all pros and cons of LG G5 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of LG G5 please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy this mobile phone. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate LG G5 it will be very useful too!
Rating 8.50 from 10
- Matt Swider, 2017-01-27
The LG G5's modular party pieces are yet to be fully realized, but away from that you've got a supremely solid flagship smartphone - if only the battery was a bit better.Read more
- Lynn La, 2017-01-27
THE GOOD The LG G5's unique modular design lets you swap in fun accessories. It has (two!) great rear cameras, expandable storage and a replaceable battery -- a rarity in high-end phones.
THE BAD Although you can swap out some parts, there aren't enough to make this feature compelling. You can only access the phone's app drawer in a specialized theme.
THE BOTTOM LINE This is the phone to get if you want a removable battery, but it fails to live up to its world-changing Swiss Army Knife potential.Read more