Google Pixel XL specification and prices
First info about the Pixel XL by Google appeared on October 2016. This model belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Google Pixel XL cost in USA for today is $839.99. The mobile is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile as well as retail stores like Wal-Mart, Best Buy.
The mobile runs on the most popular platform in the world for now - Android OS. Pixel XL has the new Android version: 7.1 (Nougat). It means that the mobile owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The model has Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor that shows a very high performance. Pixel XL has 4 GB RAM that is a perfect amount of memory.
The Pixel XL has amazing 12 megapixel primary camera. It will produce amazing photos and videos. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a rather large aperture for a cell phone and it will allow the Google Pixel XL to let in more light to make nice photos in dark rooms. Pixel XL 8 megapixel front camera is great for selfie lovers. It can shoot 4K high quality video with its primary camera. 4K is the best resolution that cell phones support for now.
The Google Pixel XL has a big 5.5 inch display size. It means that most part of users may have some difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such display size has great benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more convenient to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for video chatting and perfect for quick typing.
Pixel XL has non-removable Li-Ion 3450 mAh battery, that can provide up to 552 hours of standby time, about 32 hours of talk time and up to 130 hours of playing music. It is excellent battery life results.
The model's weight is 168 grams (5.93 oz), it is 154.7 mm (6.09 in) high, 75.7 mm (2.98 in) wide and has a 8.5 mm (0.33 in) depth which means that this mobile phone is rather thin.
You can purchase Pixel XL in Very Black, Quite Silver or Really Blue colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, October
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2016, October 20
- Android OS, v7.1 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- 12 MP, f/2.0, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 1/3.2" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
- 1/2.3" sensor size, 1.55µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 5.5 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~534 ppi pixel density)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3450 mAh battery
- About 552 h
- About 32 h
- About 130 h
- 154.7 x 75.7 x 8.5 mm (6.09 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- 168 g (5.93 oz)
- Very Black, Quite Silver, Really Blue
- 32/128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - USA HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - Global CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 21(1500), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - Global LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat9 450/50 Mbps or LTE Cat11 600/75 Mbps
Where to buy Google Pixel XL?
- Matt Swider, 2017-01-27
The Pixel XL features top-of-the-line specs to introduce Android 7.1 Nougat to the world. This VR-capable phone has a fast processor, smart AI software and a superb camera, all sandwiched into a funky design.
- Lynn La, 2017-01-27
THE GOOD The beautifully designed Google Pixel XL features a superb camera, an expansive display and the robust Google Assistant.
THE BAD The XL is Google's priciest phone yet. The camera Lens Blur feature needs improvement and it's not as water resistant as its top-tier rivals.
THE BOTTOM LINE Get Google's fantastic Pixel XL if you can cough up the cash and simply want more pure Android goodness on a bigger screen.