Samsung Galaxy S8+ specification and prices
The Galaxy S8+ by Samsung was announced on March 2017. This mobile belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S8+ price in USA for today is $824.24. The cell phone is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Boost Mobile, T-Mobile as well as retailers like RadioShack, Wal-Mart.
The cell phone runs on the most popular platform on the market for now - Android OS. Galaxy S8+ has the new Android version: 7.0. It means that the cell phone will support all the newest games and apps easily. The mobile phone is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA CPU which shows a very high performance. It runs 4 GB RAM which is a perfect amount of memory.
The Galaxy S8+ has great 12 megapixel primary camera. With such camera owner of this mobile will be able to take cool pictures and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.7. It is an amazing aperture for a phone. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to get perfect pictures even when there is not enough light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help to make cool blurred backgrounds. Its 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for shooting excellent selfies. Galaxy S8+ can capture 4K high quality video with its primary camera. 4K is the best resolution that mobile phones support for now.
The Samsung Galaxy S8+ has a big 6.2 inch display. This means that many users may experience difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such screen size has cool benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's easier for making photos, better for video chatting and perfect for browsing the web.
This mobile phone has non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery.
The phone's weight is 173 grams (6.10 oz), it is 159.5 mm (6.28 in) high, 73.4 mm (2.89 in) wide and has a 8.1 mm (0.32 in) depth what means that this mobile phone is rather thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S8+ in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue or Maple Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, March
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2017, April 21st
- Android OS, v7.0
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 - US model Exynos 8895 Octa - EMEA
- Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA
- Adreno 540 - US model
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 6.2 inches
- 1440 x 2960 pixels (~529 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
- 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm (6.28 x 2.89 x 0.32 in)
- 173 g (6.10 oz)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Single SIM
- Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S8+ ?
- Jessica Dolcourt , 2017-04-25
The Good The Galaxy S8 Plus is a big phone that manages to make a 6.2-inch screen look graceful. It has every hardware and software advantage of the ultrasleek, curved Galaxy S8, including long battery life.
The Bad You'll have to reach higher to get to the fingerprint sensor on the back -- a straight day of this gets annoying.
The Bottom Line Lovers of big phones won't find a prettier device with a larger screen anywhere else, but you'll want to make sure it isn't too tall for you, and the fingerprint reader too hard to reach, before you commit.
- Matt Swider, 2017-04-25
The Galaxy S8 Plus is the Android phone you want if you like big and tall smartphones. It has a massive 6.2-inch display that doesn’t make the actual dimensions of the device much bigger. Samsung’s trick was to rid its phone of the physical home button and surrounding bezel, and while that means it has an annoyingly placed rear, off-center fingerprint sensor, the amazing display, great camera and slick software should make you forget about this flaw and its Bixby voice assistant being a no-show on day one.
- Max Parker, 2017-04-25
The display itself is absolutely stunning. The S8+ has an AMOLED panel with a quad-HD+ 2660 x 1440 resolution that looks super-sharp. For me, it’s Mobile HDR (high dynamic range) that could really be the killer addition, however. Samsung says this is the first ever phone with the Mobile HDR Premium stamp. While it wouldn’t go into details about exact specifications, Samsung has had the S8 approved by the UHD Alliance, which bodes well.