Samsung Galaxy S8+ specification and prices
First information about the Galaxy S8+ by Samsung appeared on March 2017. This mobile belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S8+ cost in USA for now is $574.99. The phone is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile as well as retail stores like RadioShack, Wal-Mart.
The phone runs on the most popular OS on the market for today - Android OS. Galaxy S8+ has the new Android version: 7.0. It means that the phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The mobile phone is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA processor which provides a perfect performance. The cell phone runs 4 GB RAM which is a great amount of memory.
This mobile has great 12 megapixel primary camera. With such camera owner of this mobile will be able to take great photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.7. It is an amazing aperture for a mobile. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S8+ to make high quality photos even when there is little light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help to make cool blurred backgrounds. Its 8 megapixel front camera is great for having amazing selfies. Galaxy S8+ can capture 4K high definition video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that mobile phones support for today.
The Galaxy S8+ has a rather big 6.2 inch display. It means that most part of users will experience difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such screen size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's easier to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for video chatting and perfect for browsing the web.
This cell phone has non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery.
The phone's weight is 173 grams (6.10 oz), it is 159.5 mm (6.28 in) high, 73.4 mm (2.89 in) wide and has a 8.1 mm (0.32 in) depth which means that this model is rather thin.
You can buy Galaxy S8+ in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue or Maple Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, March
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2017, April 21st
- Android OS, v7.0
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 - US model Exynos 8895 Octa - EMEA
- Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA
- Adreno 540 - US model
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 6.2 inches
- 1440 x 2960 pixels (~529 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
- 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm (6.28 x 2.89 x 0.32 in)
- 173 g (6.10 oz, 0.38 lb)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Single SIM
- Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S8+ ?
Samsung Galaxy S8+ compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Samsung Galaxy S8+ . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Galaxy S8+ to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Galaxy S8+ comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ videos
Galaxy S8+ video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ reviews by users and experts
List of Galaxy S8+ reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Galaxy S8+ is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Galaxy S8+ it will be very useful too!
Rating 8.33 from 10
- Jessica Dolcourt , 2017-04-25
The Good The Galaxy S8 Plus is a big phone that manages to make a 6.2-inch screen look graceful. It has every hardware and software advantage of the ultrasleek, curved Galaxy S8, including long battery life.
The Bad You'll have to reach higher to get to the fingerprint sensor on the back -- a straight day of this gets annoying.
The Bottom Line Lovers of big phones won't find a prettier device with a larger screen anywhere else, but you'll want to make sure it isn't too tall for you, and the fingerprint reader too hard to reach, before you commit.Read more
- Matt Swider, 2017-04-25
The Galaxy S8 Plus is the Android phone you want if you like big and tall smartphones. It has a massive 6.2-inch display that doesn’t make the actual dimensions of the device much bigger. Samsung’s trick was to rid its phone of the physical home button and surrounding bezel, and while that means it has an annoyingly placed rear, off-center fingerprint sensor, the amazing display, great camera and slick software should make you forget about this flaw and its Bixby voice assistant being a no-show on day one.Read more
- Max Parker, 2017-04-25
The display itself is absolutely stunning. The S8+ has an AMOLED panel with a quad-HD+ 2660 x 1440 resolution that looks super-sharp. For me, it’s Mobile HDR (high dynamic range) that could really be the killer addition, however. Samsung says this is the first ever phone with the Mobile HDR Premium stamp. While it wouldn’t go into details about exact specifications, Samsung has had the S8 approved by the UHD Alliance, which bodes well.Read more