Apple iPhone 8 specification and prices
The first Apple iPhone 8 offers appeared on September 2017. This cell phone belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Apple iPhone 8 price in USA for now is $869.99. The cell phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Metro PCS, Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile as well as retailers like RadioShack, Wal-Mart.
The cell phone runs on the iOS - the second most popular OS behind Android. iPhone 8 has the late iOS version: 11. It means that the cell phone will support all the latest games and apps easily. The mobile phone has Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral) CPU which shows a perfect performance. It runs 2 GB RAM which is a common amount of memory for normal usage.
This cell phone has amazing 12 megapixel rear camera. It will make amazing photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.8. It is an excellent aperture for a phone. This allows the Apple iPhone 8 to get great photos even when there is not enough light, for example at night. Also 1.8 aperture will help in getting the foreground objects sharp and the background blurry. Its 7 megapixel front camera is great for selfie lovers. iPhone 8 can shoot 4K high definition video with its primary camera. 4K is the highest resolution that phones support for today.
The Apple iPhone 8 has a common 4.7 inch display size. This means that a lot of users will not experience difficulties use the phone with one hand. Such screen size has great benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more convenient to use the screen as a viewfinder , better for watching movies and perfect for browsing the web.
This mobile has non-removable Li-Ion 1821 mAh battery , that will provide about 14 hours of talk time and up to 40 hours of playing music. It is very good battery life results.
The model's weight is 148 grams (5.22 oz), it is 138.4 mm (5.45 in) high, 67.3 mm (2.65 in) wide and has a 7.3 mm (0.29 in) depth what means that this model is thin.
You can purchase iPhone 8 in Silver, Space Gray or Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, September
- Available. Released 2017, September
- iOS 11, upgradable to iOS 11.2
- Apple A11 Bionic
- Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
- Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
- 12 MP (f/1.8, 28mm), phase detection autofocus, OIS, quad-LED dual-tone flash, check quality
- 7 MP, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, check quality
- Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- 4.7 inches, 60.9 cm2
- 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating - Wide color gamut display - 3D Touch display & home button - True-tone display
- Non-removable Li-Ion 1821 mAh battery (6.96 Wh)
- About 14 h
- About 40 h
- 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm (5.45 x 2.65 x 0.29 in)
- 148 g (5.22 oz, 0.33 lb)
- Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- Silver, Space Gray, Gold
- 64/256 GB, 2 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Yes (Apple Pay only)
- 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- HTML5 (Safari) - Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min - Qi wireless charging - Siri natural language commands and dictation - iCloud cloud service - MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player - MP4/H.265 player - Audio/video/photo editor - Document editor
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPhone 8 ?
Apple iPhone 8 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Apple IPhone 8 . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of IPhone 8 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why IPhone 8 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Apple iPhone 8 videos
IPhone 8 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Apple iPhone 8 reviews by users and experts
List of IPhone 8 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of IPhone 8 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate IPhone 8 it will be very useful too!
Rating 8.00 from 10
- Chris Martin, 2017-12-11
There are some great things about the iPhone 8 including the addition of wireless charging, 64GB storage as standard and a fast A11 Bionic processor. However, this all comes at a higher price and everything else is largely the same so we can't imagine or recommend iPhone 7 users upgrading. Those on an older device like an iPhone 6 or older will experience a much bigger change.
Comparing the iPhone to Android rivals is difficult as many users will be on one side of the fence already. Forgetting about software, the iPhone 8 simply doesn't excite like flagship rivals including the Galaxy S8 and LG G6.Read more
- John McCann, 2017-11-25
Don’t let the iPhone 8 name fool you – this is very much the iPhone 7S, an incremental upgrade on 2016’s 4.7-inch iPhone with a few additions here and there, but nothing to really wow.
The iPhone 8 is still an excellent smartphone; it’s premium, powerful, and boasts a great camera and a wealth of applications. For the average iPhone user it fits the bill, but for those hoping for more given the higher price tag, you’re out of luck.
The extra power under the hood means everything is slick on screen, but no more so than the already snappy iPhone 7, and while the glass rear is a nice change of pace, and wireless charging support a handy convenience, they don’t exactly excite.
Essentially, the presence of the iPhone X has ruined the 8's chance of being a lust-worthy phone - yes, it's a cheaper route into a new iPhone, but Apple's brand is built on always wanting the best available, and this phone - therefore - feels like second best.Read more
- Lewis Painter, 2018-01-15
The iPhone 8 is a gorgeous, sleek and incredibly powerful smartphone, there’s no doubt about it. The A11 Bionic chipset provided the highest benchmark scores ever, leaving Android rivals in the dirt, and the low-light camera performance is a marked improvement on the iPhone 7.
But no matter how good it is, it just isn’t a tempting enough upgrade for current iPhone 7 owners. If you’ve got an older iOS device or are looking to switch from Android to iOS, the iPhone 8 is a great option, but iPhone 7 owners might not feel it’s worth the upgrade – especially with a raised base price. The addition of wireless charging is handy, but there won’t be a noticeable difference in performance between the 7 and 8 for the majority of tasks.Read more