Samsung Galaxy S8 specification and prices
The Galaxy S8 by Samsung was announced on March 2017. This mobile phone belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S8 cost in USA for today is $824.24. The device is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA as well as retailers like Target, RadioShack.
The device runs on the most popular operating system in the world for today - Android OS. Galaxy S8 has the new Android version: 7.0. It means that the device will support all the latest games and apps easily. The mobile phone has Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA CPU which provides a perfect performance. The cell phone has 4 GB RAM which is a perfect amount of memory.
The Galaxy S8 has great 12 megapixel rear camera. It will produce great pictures and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.7. It is a very large aperture for a mobile. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S8 to capture perfect pictures even when there is not enough light, for example at night. Also so large aperture will help to get cool blurred backgrounds. Its 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. Galaxy S8 can capture 4K high definition video with its primary camera. 4K is the highest resolution that mobile phones support for today.
The phone has a rather big 5.8 inch display size. This means that a lot of users will experience difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such screen size has great benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's easier for making photos, better for watching movies and amazing for reading books.
Galaxy S8 has non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
The cell phone's weight is 155 grams (5.47 oz), it is 148.9 mm (5.86 in) high, 68.1 mm (2.68 in) wide and has a 8 mm (0.31 in) depth which means that this cell phone is rather thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S8 in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue or Maple Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, March
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2017, April 21st
- Android OS, v7.0
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 - US model Exynos 8895 Octa - EMEA
- Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA
- Adreno 540 - US model
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.8 inches
- 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (5.86 x 2.68 x 0.31 in)
- 155 g (5.47 oz, 0.34 lb)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Single SIM
- Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S8 ?
- SASCHA SEGAN, 2017-04-25
PROSHand-friendly design. Gorgeous screen. Best processor and modem available.
CONSAwkward fingerprint scanner placement. Dual voice assistants may get confusing.
BOTTOM LINEThe Samsung Galaxy S8 is a gorgeous big-screen phone with a comfortable single-handed feel. And it's packed with top-notch components and promising new software.
- Gareth Beavis , 2017-04-25
Apart from the irritating performance of the biometrics and the high price, the Galaxy S8 is a phone that offers an exceptional experience for any user. The large screen is a real turning point in flagship phone design and should usher in the end of large bezels, and the camera and slick performance work brilliantly under the finger. It commands a premium price, but make no mistake: this is a truly premium phone.
- Jessica Dolcourt, 2017-04-25
The Good The best-looking phone around crushes it in performance, battery life, water-resistance and wireless charging. An external storage slot lets you keep more photos, videos and music.
The Bad Its awkwardly placed fingerprint reader leads to camera smears and longer unlock times, which is aggravating when you use it to unlock your phone dozens of times a day.
The Bottom Line The Samsung Galaxy S8's fast speeds and fantastic curved screen make it a top phone for 2017, but the annoying fingerprint reader could sour your experience.