Samsung Galaxy S8 specification and prices
The Galaxy S8 by Samsung was announced on March 2017. This phone belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S8 price in USA for now is $574.99. The phone is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, Virgin Mobile USA as well as retailers like Wal-Mart, RadioShack.
The phone runs on the most popular OS in the world for today - Android OS. Galaxy S8 has the late Android version: 7.0. It means that the phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The model has Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA processor that shows a very high performance. The phone runs 4 GB RAM that is a perfect amount of memory.
This phone has amazing 12 megapixel primary camera. It will make high quality pictures and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.7. It is a very large aperture for a cell phone. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S8 to make great pictures even when there is little light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help to get awesome blurred backgrounds. Its 8 megapixel front camera is great for having amazing selfies. It can capture 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the highest resolution that cell phones support for today.
The cell phone has a rather big 5.8 inch display size. It means that a lot of users will experience difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such display size has great benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more handy to use the display as a viewfinder, better for watching movies and great for browsing the web.
Galaxy S8 has non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
The model's weight is 155 grams (5.47 oz), it is 148.9 mm (5.86 in) high, 68.1 mm (2.68 in) wide and has a 8 mm (0.31 in) depth which means that this model is rather thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S8 in Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue or Maple Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, March
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2017, April 21st
- Android OS, v7.0
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 - US model Exynos 8895 Octa - EMEA
- Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - US model Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA
- Adreno 540 - US model
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.5" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.8 inches
- 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm (5.86 x 2.68 x 0.31 in)
- 155 g (5.47 oz, 0.34 lb)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Single SIM
- Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S8 ?
Samsung Galaxy S8 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Samsung Galaxy S8 . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Galaxy S8 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Galaxy S8 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Cheaper alternatives to Samsung Galaxy S8 :
Samsung Galaxy S8 comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
More expensive alternatives to Samsung Galaxy S8 :
Samsung Galaxy S8 videos
Galaxy S8 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Samsung Galaxy S8 reviews by users and experts
List of Galaxy S8 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Galaxy S8 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Galaxy S8 it will be very useful too!
Rating 9.33 from 10
- SASCHA SEGAN, 2017-04-25
PROSHand-friendly design. Gorgeous screen. Best processor and modem available.
CONSAwkward fingerprint scanner placement. Dual voice assistants may get confusing.
BOTTOM LINEThe Samsung Galaxy S8 is a gorgeous big-screen phone with a comfortable single-handed feel. And it's packed with top-notch components and promising new software.
- Gareth Beavis , 2017-04-25
Apart from the irritating performance of the biometrics and the high price, the Galaxy S8 is a phone that offers an exceptional experience for any user. The large screen is a real turning point in flagship phone design and should usher in the end of large bezels, and the camera and slick performance work brilliantly under the finger. It commands a premium price, but make no mistake: this is a truly premium phone.Read more
- Jessica Dolcourt, 2017-04-25
The Good The best-looking phone around crushes it in performance, battery life, water-resistance and wireless charging. An external storage slot lets you keep more photos, videos and music.
The Bad Its awkwardly placed fingerprint reader leads to camera smears and longer unlock times, which is aggravating when you use it to unlock your phone dozens of times a day.
The Bottom Line The Samsung Galaxy S8's fast speeds and fantastic curved screen make it a top phone for 2017, but the annoying fingerprint reader could sour your experience.Read more