Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus specification and prices
First information about the Galaxy S9+ by Samsung appeared on February 2018. This model belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S9+ price in USA for today is $759.99. The device is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Verizon Wireless as well as retail stores like Best Buy, Wal-Mart.
The device runs on the most popular platform on the market for today - Android OS. Galaxy S9+ has the new Android version: 8.0 (Oreo). It means that the device owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The phone has Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) - EMEA Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) - USA & China processor that shows a great performance. Galaxy S9+ runs 6 GB RAM that is a perfect amount of memory.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ camera has 2.4 aperture that is a common size for smartphones. If you want to make pictures in dark rooms, you won't make quality pictures as the camera lets in low light. Galaxy S9+ also will not suit for shooting fast action shots. Its 8 (f/1.7 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. It can shoot 4K high definition video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that smartphones support for today.
The cell phone has a rather big 6.2 inch display. It means that most users will have some difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such screen size has great benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more comfortable to use the display as a viewfinder, better for playing games and great for browsing the web.
Galaxy S9+ has non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery .
The Galaxy S9+ weight is 189 grams (6.67 oz), it is 158.1 mm (6.22 in) high, 73.8 mm (2.91 in) wide and has a 8.5 mm (0.33 in) depth which means that this mobile phone is rather thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S9+ in Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray or Lilac Purple colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2018, February
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2018, March
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Exynos 9810 Octa - EMEA Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 - USA & China
- Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) - EMEA Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) - USA & China
- Mali-G72 MP18 - EMEA Adreno 630 - USA & China
- Dual: 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55", 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6", 1 µm, AF), OIS, phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash
- 8 MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6", 1.22 µm), autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 6.2 inches, 98.3 cm2
- 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~529 ppi density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - HDR10 compliant - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery (13.48 Wh)
- 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm (6.22 x 2.91 x 0.33 in)
- 189 g (6.67 oz, 0.42 lb)
- Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Single SIM
- Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple
- 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM model only
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- FM radio (USA & Canada only) - To be confirmed
- 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- HTML5 - Samsung DeX (desktop experience support) - Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) - Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent) - ANT+ support - Bixby natural language commands and dictation - MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player - Photo/video editor - Document editor
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (6CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus?
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Galaxy S9 Plus to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Galaxy S9 Plus comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus videos
Galaxy S9 Plus video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus reviews by users and experts
List of Galaxy S9 Plus reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Galaxy S9 Plus is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Galaxy S9 Plus it will be very useful too!
Rating 9.00 from 10
- Nathan Spendelow, 2018-03-14
The S9 isn’t a radical departure from last year’s blueprint, but if you're a keen smartphone snapper then the camera improvements will be very tempting. Pair that with a noticeable performance jump and this is, no doubt, a formidable smartphone.
The only hitch is the price – and the fact that the S9 also has to compete with its own stablemate, the Galaxy S9 Plus, whose dual-camera arrangement promises even more stunning shots.
That makes it hard to wholeheartedly recommend the Galaxy S9, either as a general-purpose smartphone or as a best-in-class camera phone. There’s some impressive technology here, but Samsung needs to offer something more to justify a wallet-wilting £739.Read more
- whathifi.com, 2018-03-15
Samsung already had some of the best-looking, most desirable smartphones around, so the Galaxy S9+ didn’t need to do much to continue the trend.
The biggest improvements are the camera, the processing performance and some software refinements. But, while video quality hasn’t improved dramatically, the S9+’s predecessor was already an excellent portable movie machine.
If you don’t mind a bit of oversaturation, this is one of the best phones for a Netflix binge. Sound quality is good, particularly if you upgrade from the bundled buds.
The handset’s size may put some people off, but that’s where the Galaxy S9 comes in.
Anyone with a Galaxy S8+ in their pocket won’t feel desperate to trade in for the new model – there aren’t many must-have upgrades – but if you’ve got an earlier phone, or are swapping from another brand, the S9+ is as polished and refined as Android phones currently get.Read more
- Matt Swider, 2018-03-15
You won't find a bigger and better Android phone than the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, thanks to its oversized 6.2-inch curved screen and low-light-defeating dual-lens camera. Sure, it looks exactly like last year's S8 Plus, but it does fix the fingerprint sensor location (it's now center-aligned on the back) and speakers (now stereo). The new AR Emoji mode is overrated, though, and its higher price is tough to justify. This is for people who want the biggest screen and the best camera on one phone.Read more