Google Pixel 2 XL specification and prices
Google Pixel 2 XL appeared on sale on October 2017. This device belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Google Pixel 2 XL price in USA for today is $800.00. The mobile is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, Verizon Wireless as well as retailers like Target, RadioShack.
The mobile runs on the most popular OS on the market for today - Android OS. Pixel 2 XL has the late Android version: 8.0 (Oreo). It means that the mobile will support all the latest games and apps easily. The phone is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) processor which provides a perfect performance. The mobile phone runs 4 GB RAM which is a big amount of memory.
The Pixel 2 XL has powerful 12.2 megapixel primary camera. It will make cool photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.8. It is an amazing aperture for a phone. This allows the Google Pixel 2 XL to get high quality photos even when there is little light, for example at night. Also 1.8 aperture will help to make cool blurred backgrounds. Its 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for having amazing selfies. Pixel 2 XL can capture 4K high definition video with its primary camera. 4K is the highest resolution that cell phones support for today.
The mobile phone has a big 6 inch display size. It means that most users will experience difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such screen size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more handy for taking pictures, better for video chatting and perfect for quick typing.
Pixel 2 XL has non-removable Li-Ion 3520 mAh battery.
The model's weight is 175 grams (6.17 oz), it is 157.9 mm (6.22 in) high, 76.7 mm (3.02 in) wide and has a 7.9 mm (0.31 in) depth which means that this model is thin.
You can buy Pixel 2 XL in Just Black or Black & White colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, October
- Available. Released 2017, October
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 540
- 12.2 MP, f/1.8, OIS, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED flash
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 1/3.2" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, 1080p
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
- 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 6.0 inches, 92.6 cm2
- 1440 x 2880 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~538 ppi density)
- P-OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - Always-on display - 100% DCI-P3 coverage
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3520 mAh battery
- 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm (6.22 x 3.02 x 0.31 in)
- 175 g (6.17 oz, 0.39 lb)
- Just Black, Black & White
- 64/128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector (PowerDelivery 2.0)
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 CDMA 800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 32(1500), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat15 800/75 Mbps
Where to buy Google Pixel 2 XL ?
Google Pixel 2 XL compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Google Pixel 2 XL . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Pixel 2 XL to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Pixel 2 XL comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Cheaper alternatives to Google Pixel 2 XL :
Google Pixel 2 XL videos
Pixel 2 XL video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Google Pixel 2 XL reviews by users and experts
List of Pixel 2 XL reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Pixel 2 XL is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Pixel 2 XL it will be very useful too!
Rating 9.00 from 10
- Michael Moore, 2018-01-08
Google has prided itself in releasing what it says are the leading Android smartphones with each new generation of its devices, and having used the Pixel 2 XL for a few weeks now, it's hard to argue.
Combining powerful and reliable hardware with the very latest and best version of Android makes the Pixel 2 XL a delight to use. Add in the ideal suite of workplace apps and services, an elegant design, and all-day battery life, and it really is a device that is hard to top.
It may be expensive (currently selling SIM-free in the UK from £799), but if you're in the market for a truly high-end Android smartphone that is a joy to use, the Google Pixel 2 XL may be just what you're looking for.
- Slim and stylish design
- Excellent battery life
- Latest Android build and tools
- Full integration with Google workplace suite
- Screen issues still a worry
- Max Parker, 2018-03-02
It might not be the best Android phone available in every area, but the Google Pixel 2 XL is the one I would buy. It has a stunning camera, the best version of Android and I love the texture Google has put over the metal back.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG V30 both have more features and the OnePlus 5 is a lot cheaper, but the Google Pixel 2 XL shines when you actually use it. Take a picture with it and you’ll forgive the lack of a headphone jack, or the odd front bezel.
My only major criticism is the display. LG’s OLED panel is dull and muted and that’s a shame. Still, this is easily one of the best phones of the year.
- Stunning camera
- The best version of Android
- Minimal bezel
- Feels great to hold
- Lifeless screen
- Cameron Faulkner, 2018-03-09
- Smart software that will only get better
- Confident design
- The very best smartphone camera
- No 3.5mm headphone port
- Poor viewing angles for an OLED
The Google Pixel 2 XL is the ideal smartphone for the entertainment fanatic who craves big screens for movies and gaming, forward-thinking, slim bezel-clad design and of course, photography.
It’s also quite a fashionable phone, launching alongside several “Made for Google” accessories that really bring it to life.
You really need to want the best on the market in certain areas to justify the cost of this phone. The person that prides performance over value will enjoy what's on offer here, as there are better phones on paper to go for.
But if you just want a phone that's big, powerful and will take photos that regularly make you think 'wow', then this is the phone for you.Read more