Samsung Galaxy S9 specification and prices
The Galaxy S9 by Samsung was announced on February 2018. This device belongs to the highest price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S9 price in USA for today is $759.99. The mobile is already on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Boost Mobile as well as retail stores like Best Buy, Target.
The mobile runs on the most popular platform in the world for today - Android OS. Galaxy S9 has the new Android version: 8.0 (Oreo). It means that the mobile owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The Galaxy S9 is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) - EMEA Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) - USA & China CPU which shows an outstanding performance. Galaxy S9 runs 4 GB RAM which is a great amount of memory.
This device has great 12 megapixel rear camera. With such camera owner of this device will be able to take high quality photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.5. It is an amazing aperture for a phone. This allows the Samsung Galaxy S9 to make great photos even when there is not enough light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help in making the foreground objects sharp and the background blurry. Galaxy S9 8 (f/1.7 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. Galaxy S9 can film 4K high definition video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that cell phones support for today.
The mobile phone has a rather big 5.8 inch display size. It means that most users may have some difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such screen size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's more comfortable to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for watching movies and amazing for quick typing.
This mobile phone has non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery .
The phone's weight is 163 grams (5.75 oz), it is 147.7 mm (5.81 in) high, 68.7 mm (2.70 in) wide and has a 8.5 mm (0.33 in) depth which means that this phone is rather thin.
You can buy Galaxy S9 in Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray or Lilac Purple colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2018, February
- Coming soon. Exp. release 2018, March
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Exynos 9810 Octa - EMEA Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 - USA & China
- Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) - EMEA Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) - USA & China
- Mali-G72 MP18 - EMEA Adreno 630 - USA & China
- 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5", 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF), phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- 8 MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6", 1.22 µm), autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.8 inches, 84.8 cm2
- 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~570 ppi density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - HDR10 compliant - 3D Touch (home button only) - Always-on display
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery (11.55 Wh)
- 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm (5.81 x 2.70 x 0.33 in)
- 163 g (5.75 oz, 0.36 lb)
- Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Single SIM
- Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple
- 64/128/256 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM model only
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- FM radio (USA & Canada only) - To be confirmed
- 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- HTML5 - Samsung DeX (desktop experience support) - Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) - Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent) - ANT+ support - Bixby natural language commands and dictation - MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player - Photo/video editor - Document editor
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (6CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S9 ?
Samsung Galaxy S9 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Samsung Galaxy S9 . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Galaxy S9 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Galaxy S9 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Cheaper alternatives to Samsung Galaxy S9 :
More expensive alternatives to Samsung Galaxy S9 :
Samsung Galaxy S9 videos
Galaxy S9 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Samsung Galaxy S9 reviews by users and experts
List of Galaxy S9 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Galaxy S9 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Galaxy S9 it will be very useful too!
Rating 8.00 from 10
- Julian Chokkattu, 2018-03-09
- Excellent display
- Great 5.8-inch size
- Good speakers
- Strong performance
- Stunning low-light camera
- Battery life is lower than competition
- Slow Android updates
- Camera not as versatile as S9 Plus
TheGalaxy S9 is a comfortable and compact phone that offers a fantastic camera andgreat performance. We do think the S9 Plus is worth it for the second,versatile camera, but the S9’s perfect size makes it hard to ignore.Read more
- Gareth Beavis, 2018-03-22
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is a great phone, but one that hasn't really kicked on from the Galaxy S8, bringing a very similar design and screen to 2017's version. The improved biometrics were sorely needed, and the camera is a leap forward, but the amazing low light capabilities have resulted in sacrifices elsewhere. A top, top phone, but the S9 Plus outshines it.
- Swift biometric security
- Awesome low-light performance
- The most powerful Android phone out
- Design is identical to S8
- Some camera snaps lack vibrancy