Sony Xperia Z5 specification and prices
First info about the Xperia Z5 by Sony appeared on September 2015 and on sale it appeared on October 2015. This mobile phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Sony Xperia Z5 price in USA for today is $352.99. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile as well as retail stores like Best Buy, Target.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular operating system on the market for now - Android OS. Xperia Z5 was produced with the already out-of-date for today Android version: 5.1.1 (Lollipop). It means that the mobile phone will run most part of the old games and apps and a very few number of the newest ones with this default OS version. The model is equipped with Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A57) processor that provides a great performance. The phone runs 3 GB RAM that is a big amount of memory.
The Xperia Z5 has great 23 megapixel rear camera. With such camera owner of this mobile phone will be able to take great pictures and videos. The camera has aperture size 2. It is a rather large aperture for a phone and it will allow the Sony Xperia Z5 to let in more light to make good pictures in dark rooms. Xperia Z5 5.1 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. It can shoot 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that cell phones support for now.
The Sony Xperia Z5 has a rather big 5.2 inch display size.
This model has non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery, which can provide up to 540 hours of standby time, about 17 hours of talk time and up to 87 hours of playing music. It is very good battery life results.
The model's weight is 154 grams (5.43 oz), it is 146 mm (5.75 in) high, 72 mm (2.83 in) wide and has a 7.3 mm (0.29 in) depth what means that this mobile phone is thin.
You can purchase Xperia Z5 in White, Graphite Black, Gold, Green or Pink colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, September
- Available. Released 2015, October
- Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), v6.0 (Marshmallow), planned upgrade to v7.0 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810
- Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A57)
- Adreno 430
- 23 MP, f/2.0, 24mm, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- 5.1 MP, f/2.4, 1080p, HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR
- 1/2.3" sensor size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 5.2 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~428 ppi pixel density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating - Triluminos display - X-Reality Engine
- Yes, up to 10 fingers
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery
- About 520 h / About 540 h
- About 13 h 10 min / About 17 h
- About 87 h
- 146 x 72 x 7.3 mm (5.75 x 2.83 x 0.29 in)
- 154 g (5.43 oz, 0.34 lb)
- White, Graphite Black, Gold, Green, Pink
- 32 GB, 3 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- v4.1, A2DP, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (market dependant)
- FM radio, RDS
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL 3 TV-out), USB Host
- Fingerprint (EU model only), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - E6603, E6653
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) - E6603, E6653
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps (E6603), LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps (E6653)
- Up to 107 kbps
- Up to 296 kbps
Where to buy Sony Xperia Z5?
- James Peckham , 2017-01-27
The Xperia Z5 is a huge improvement on the Xperia Z3+ with a new fingerprint sensor and a sexy design, but there are still a few little issues stopping it from getting that perfect score.
- Andrew Hoyle , 2017-01-27
THE GOOD The Sony Xperia Z5 looks good, has plenty of power, its camera can take some great snaps and it won't die when you spill your drink on it.
THE BAD Only minor updates from its predecessor means it lacks the excitement of its rivals. Its waterproofing no longer allows for full submersion, meaning it can't be used for underwater photography.
THE BOTTOM LINE Even with strong specs befitting a high-end phone, the Sony Xperia Z5 adds little over its predecessor to make it an exciting option over rivals like the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.