ZTE Axon 7 specification and prices
First info about the Axon 7 by ZTE appeared on May 2016 and on sale it appeared on June 2016. This mobile phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest ZTE Axon 7 cost in USA for today is $289.00. The mobile phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Sprint as well as retailers like Wal-Mart, RadioShack.
The mobile phone runs on the most popular OS on the market for today - Android OS. Axon 7 has the new Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It means that the mobile phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The model has Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU which provides a very high performance. The model runs 4 GB RAM which is a great amount of memory.
The Axon 7 has great 20 megapixel rear camera. With such camera owner of this mobile phone will be able to take amazing photos and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.8. It is a very large aperture for a cell phone. This allows the ZTE Axon 7 to make amazing photos even when there is little light, for example in dark rooms. Also 1.8 aperture will help to get cool blurred backgrounds. Axon 7 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for having excellent selfies. It can film 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that smartphones support for today.
The phone has a rather big 5.5 inch display size. It means that a lot of users may have some difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such screen size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's easier to use the display as a viewfinder, better for video chatting and great for reading books.
This phone has non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery, that can guarantee up to 360 hours of standby time and about 16 hours of talk time. It is very good battery life results.
The model's weight is 175 grams (6.17 oz), it is 151.7 mm (5.97 in) high, 75 mm (2.95 in) wide and has a 7.9 mm (0.31 in) depth what means that this cell phone is thin.
You can purchase Axon 7 in Ion Gold, Quartz Grey or Chromium Silver colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, May
- Available. Released 2016, June
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- 20 MP, f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 1080p
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@240fps
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.5 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~538 ppi pixel density)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 MiFavor UI 4.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery
- About 360 h
- About 16 h
- 151.7 x 75 x 7.9 mm (5.97 x 2.95 x 0.31 in)
- 175 g (6.17 oz, 0.39 lb)
- Dual SIM
- Ion Gold, Quartz Grey, Chromium Silver
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (region dependent)
- v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 / 1900 - USA
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - A2017G, USA
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) - A2017G LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 25(1900)
- HSPA, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Where to buy ZTE Axon 7?
- GSMArena team, 2017-01-28
ZTE is back in the cheap and cheerful flagship race with the Axon 7. The company has its aim set up high, and we can't help but see the OnePlus 3 as a locked target.
The thing is, the Axon 7 has a potential to aim for the stars of the show - the Galaxy S7 and iPhone 7. Not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination, but ZTE has managed to bring almost every conceivable high-end smartphone feature in the book in a bill that fits nearly all budgets. And who doesn't love that?
- Matt Swider, 2017-01-28
ZTE Axon 7 is less expensive than the best flagship smartphones, yet it looks and performs like a top-tier Android Marshmallow handset, with front-facing speakers, 64GB of storage and only a few sacrifices.
- Lynn La, 2017-01-28
THE GOOD The sophisticated and affordable ZTE Axon 7 has a zippy processor, expandable storage and loud speakers.
THE BAD The phone is heavy and power users won't appreciate the non-removable battery.
THE BOTTOM LINE The Axon 7 is ZTE's best to date, but the OnePlus 3 is a better phone at the same price.