ZTE Axon 7 specification and prices
The Axon 7 by ZTE was announced on May 2016 and the first offers appeared on June 2016. This phone belongs to the lowest price range: the ZTE Axon 7 cost in USA for now is $195.00. The phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA, T-Mobile as well as retailers like Target, Wal-Mart.
The phone runs on the most popular platform in the world for today - Android OS. Axon 7 has the new Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It means that the phone will run all the newest games and apps easily. The mobile phone has Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo) processor that provides a perfect performance. The model has 4 GB RAM that is a great amount of memory.
The Axon 7 has powerful 20 megapixel primary camera. It will produce cool pictures and videos. The camera's aperture size is 1.8. It is a very large aperture for a phone. This allows the ZTE Axon 7 to get perfect pictures even when there is little light, for example in dark rooms. Also so large aperture will help in making the foreground objects sharp and the background blurry. Axon 7 8 megapixel front camera is perfect for selfie lovers. It can shoot 4K high definition video with its rear camera. 4K is the highest resolution that smartphones support for today.
The phone has a rather big 5.5 inch display. It means that most users will experience difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such screen size has great benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more comfortable to use the screen as a viewfinder, better for video chatting and great for quick typing.
Axon 7 has non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery, which can provide up to 360 hours of standby time and about 16 hours of talk time. It is very good battery life results.
The phone's weight is 175 grams (6.17 oz), it is 151.7 mm (5.97 in) high, 75 mm (2.95 in) wide and has a 7.9 mm (0.31 in) depth what means that this model is thin.
You can purchase Axon 7 in Ion Gold, Quartz Grey or Chromium Silver colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2016, May
- Available. Released 2016, June
- Android OS, v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- Quad-core (2x2.15 GHz Kryo & 2x1.6 GHz Kryo)
- Adreno 530
- 20 MP, f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 1080p
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@240fps
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- 5.5 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~538 ppi pixel density)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 MiFavor UI 4.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery
- About 360 h
- About 16 h
- 151.7 x 75 x 7.9 mm (5.97 x 2.95 x 0.31 in)
- 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Dual SIM
- Ion Gold, Quartz Grey, Chromium Silver
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- v4.2, A2DP
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (region dependent)
- v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 / 1900 - USA
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - A2017G, USA
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) - A2017G LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 25(1900)
- HSPA, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Where to buy ZTE Axon 7?
- GSMArena team, 2017-01-28
ZTE is back in the cheap and cheerful flagship race with the Axon 7. The company has its aim set up high, and we can't help but see the OnePlus 3 as a locked target.
The thing is, the Axon 7 has a potential to aim for the stars of the show - the Galaxy S7 and iPhone 7. Not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination, but ZTE has managed to bring almost every conceivable high-end smartphone feature in the book in a bill that fits nearly all budgets. And who doesn't love that?
- Matt Swider, 2017-01-28
ZTE Axon 7 is less expensive than the best flagship smartphones, yet it looks and performs like a top-tier Android Marshmallow handset, with front-facing speakers, 64GB of storage and only a few sacrifices.
- Lynn La, 2017-01-28
THE GOOD The sophisticated and affordable ZTE Axon 7 has a zippy processor, expandable storage and loud speakers.
THE BAD The phone is heavy and power users won't appreciate the non-removable battery.
THE BOTTOM LINE The Axon 7 is ZTE's best to date, but the OnePlus 3 is a better phone at the same price.