Samsung Galaxy S6 specification and prices
First information about the Galaxy S6 by Samsung appeared on March 2015 and on sale it appeared on April 2015. This device belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S6 cost in USA for today is $297.70. The device is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Metro PCS, Sprint, T-Mobile as well as retail stores like Target, RadioShack.
The device runs on the most popular platform in the world for today - Android OS. Galaxy S6 has released with the already outdated for today Android version: 5.0.2 (Lollipop). It means that the device will support most part of the old games and apps and a very few number of the latest ones with this default OS version. The cell phone is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53) processor which provides a very high performance. The mobile phone has 3 GB RAM which is a perfect amount of memory.
The Galaxy S6 has great 16 megapixel rear camera. It will produce great photos and videos. 5 megapixel front camera makes Galaxy S6 an average choice for shooting selfies. Galaxy S6 can shoot 4K high quality video with its primary camera. 4K is the highest resolution that cell phones support for today.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 has a big 5.1 inch display. It means that most part of users will have some difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such screen size has great benefits in compare to the smaller one: it's more convenient for taking pictures, better for watching movies and amazing for reading books.
This mobile phone has non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery, which will provide about 17 hours of talk time and up to 49 hours of playing music. It is very good battery life results.
The phone's weight is 138 grams (4.87 oz), it is 143.4 mm (5.65 in) high, 70.5 mm (2.78 in) wide and has a 6.8 mm (0.27 in) depth which means that this model is thin.
You can buy Galaxy S6 in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum or Blue Topaz colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, March
- Available. Released 2015, April
- Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Exynos 7420 Octa
- Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- 16 MP, f/1.9, 28mm, OIS, autofocus, LED flash
- 5 MP, f/1.9, 22mm, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.1 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery
- About 17 h
- About 49 h
- 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm (5.65 x 2.78 x 0.27 in)
- 138 g (4.87 oz)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
- White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz
- 32/64/128 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - G920T - G920A
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850) - G920F LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700) - G920T LTE band 1(2100)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps