Samsung Galaxy S6 specification and prices
The Galaxy S6 by Samsung was announced on March 2015 and the first deals appeared on April 2015. This model belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Samsung Galaxy S6 cost in USA for now is $300.00. The phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Boost Mobile, Metro PCS, Verizon Wireless as well as retail stores like RadioShack, Best Buy.
The phone runs on the most popular platform in the world for today - Android OS. Galaxy S6 was produced with the already old for today Android version: 5.0.2 (Lollipop). It means that the phone owner will be able to run only some old games and apps with this default OS version. The cell phone is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53) processor which shows an outstanding performance. It runs 3 GB RAM which is a perfect amount of memory.
This model has amazing 16 megapixel primary camera. It will make cool photos and videos. 5 megapixel front camera makes Samsung Galaxy S6 an average choice for shooting selfies. It can film 4K high definition video with its rear camera. 4K is the highest resolution that smartphones support for today.
The Galaxy S6 has a big 5.1 inch display size. This means that many users will have some difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such display size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller screen: it's more handy for taking pictures, better for video chatting and great for reading books.
This mobile phone has non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery, that can guarantee about 17 hours of talk time and up to 49 hours of playing music. It is satisfactory battery life results.
The model's weight is 138 grams (4.87 oz), it is 143.4 mm (5.65 in) high, 70.5 mm (2.78 in) wide and has a 6.8 mm (0.27 in) depth what means that this model is thin.
You can purchase Galaxy S6 in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum or Blue Topaz colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2015, March
- Available. Released 2015, April
- Android OS, v5.0.2 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Exynos 7420 Octa
- Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
- 16 MP, f/1.9, 28mm, OIS, autofocus, LED flash
- 5 MP, f/1.9, 22mm, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- 1/2.6" sensor size, 1.12 Âµm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- 5.1 inches
- 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 - TouchWiz UI
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery
- About 17 h
- About 49 h
- 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm (5.65 x 2.78 x 0.27 in)
- 138 g (4.87 oz, 0.3 lb)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 back panel
- White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Blue Topaz
- 32/64/128 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- v4.1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB v2.0, USB Host
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - G920T - G920A
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850) - G920F LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700) - G920T LTE band 1(2100)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps