Apple iPhone 6 Plus specification and prices
The first Apple iPhone 6 Plus offers appeared on September 2014. This device belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Apple iPhone 6 Plus cost in USA for now is $339.99. The mobile is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile USA as well as retail stores like Best Buy, Target.
The mobile runs on the iOS - the second most popular platform behind Android. iPhone 6 Plus was produced with the already outdated at the moment iOS version: 8. It means that the mobile with the current OS version will not support the latest games and apps. The cell phone is equipped with Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based) CPU that shows a great performance. It has 1 GB RAM that is enough for normal usage.
The iPhone 6 Plus has nice 8 megapixel primary camera. It will produce pictures and videos of a good quality but you won't be able to get really stunning pictures. To take really great pictures Specspro advices you to check the Apple flagship iPhone 8 . The camera has aperture size 2.2. It is a rather large aperture for a phone and it will allow the Apple iPhone 6 Plus to let in more light to get nice pictures at night. Primary camera of iPhone 6 Plus can shoot full HD high definition video, which image is not so perfect as 4K but is also very bright and clear.
The Apple iPhone 6 Plus has a rather big 5.5 inch display size. It means that most users will experience difficulties using the cell phone with one hand. Such display size has amazing benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's easier for making pictures, better for watching movies and great for browsing the web.
This model has non-removable Li-Po 2915 mAh battery , that will provide up to 384 hours of standby time, about 24 hours of talk time and up to 80 hours of playing music. It is excellent battery life results.
The cell phone's weight is 172 grams (6.07 oz), it is 158.1 mm (6.22 in) high, 77.8 mm (3.06 in) wide and has a 7.1 mm (0.28 in) depth which means that this phone is thin.
You can purchase iPhone 6 Plus in Space Gray, Silver or Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2014, September
- Available. Released 2014, September
- iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 10.0.2
- Apple A8
- Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based)
- PowerVR GX6450 (quad-core graphics)
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- 1.2 MP, f/2.2, 31mm, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps
- 1/3" sensor size, 1.5 Âµm pixel size, touch focus, geo-tagging, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- 5.5 inches
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
- LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating - Display Zoom
- Non-removable Li-Po 2915 mAh battery (11.1 Wh)
- About 384 h
- About 24 h
- About 80 h
- 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm (6.22 x 3.06 x 0.28 in)
- 172 g (6.07 oz, 0.38 lb)
- Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- 16/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- v4.0, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Yes (Apple Pay only)
- v2.0, reversible connector
- Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- HTML5 (Safari)
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - A1522 (GSM), A1522 (CDMA), A1524 CDMA 800 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - A1522 (CDMA), A1524
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - A1522 (GSM), A1522 (CDMA), A1524 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - A1522 (CDMA), A1524 TD-SCDMA - A1524
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700) - A1522 GSM, A1522 CDMA LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Where to buy Apple iPhone 6 Plus?
Apple iPhone 6 Plus compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Apple IPhone 6 Plus. Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of IPhone 6 Plus to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why IPhone 6 Plus comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus videos
IPhone 6 Plus video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus reviews by users and experts
List of IPhone 6 Plus reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of IPhone 6 Plus is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate IPhone 6 Plus it will be very useful too!
Rating 9.00 from 10
- Jeffrey Van Camp, 2018-05-14
- Industry-leading design, build quality
- Reachability feature makes size manageable
- Fantastic camera
- iOS 8 remains a fluid, beautiful OS
- Large battery
- 16GB storage on base model is not enough
- Large size is too big for some hands
- Specs aren’t much better than iPhone 5S
- No water resistance
Of Apple’s two new models, we recommend the iPhone 6 over the iPhone 6 Plus, but compared to other (oversized) phablets, this is a fantastic offering. It doesn’t have a stylus like the Galaxy Note 4, but Apple’s operating system is still smoother and more user-friendly than Google’s Android OS, which runs the Note. The easy Reachability features of the phone also make this phablet easier to handle. The only thing that could improve usability more would be a rear-mounted Home button, like LG has on its flagship G3 phone.
If you like big phones or have avoided previous iPhones because of their diminutive stature, take a fresh look at Apple. Though we’re unhappy about the 16GB of storage space in the low-end model (please, pay more to get 64GB), the iPhone 6 Plus feels smoother than any other phone, sports a top-notch camera, and has the best app selection.Read more
- Evan Kypreos, 2017-09-25
- Fantastic 5.5-inch screen
- Superb battery life
- Great camera with OIS
- Excellent gaming performance
- Bigger than similar rivals
- Very expensive
The iPhone 6 Plus is a great phone if you can deal with its size and price. It’s blisteringly fast, lasts for ages and comes with one of the best screens we’ve ever seen. The optical image stabilisation takes the good camera on the iPhone 6 and makes it even better.Read more
- John McCann, 2017-11-20
Combining premium design and Apple's high level of finesse, the iPhone 6 Plus is a highly accomplished smartphone that will hit all the right notes for anyone desperate for a big-screened iPhone.
Android fans hell-bent on a phablet-sized smartphone full to the brim with the latest tech and monster power are unlikely to favour the iPhone 6 Plus, which on paper doesn't stack up in terms of raw specs.
But that won't matter to Apple, or to those who part with a princely sum of money in order to own an iPhone 6 Plus.
The iPhone 6 Plus brings together excellently Apple's tried and tested design, craftsmanship and interface in the larger form factor – providing the perfect smartphone for those who require a bigger display, while also revelling in the simplicity and intuition that an Apple handset continues to offer.
- Best looking phablet
- Great full HD display
- Strong camera for day to day use
- Too big to use one handed
- Very expensive
- 'Reachability' feels tacked on