Xiaomi Mi 8 specification and prices
First information about the Mi 8 by Xiaomi appeared on May 2018 and on sale it appeared on June 2018. This mobile phone belongs to the middle price range: the lowest Xiaomi Mi 8 cost in USA for today is $388.94. The cell phone is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Boost Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile USA as well as retailers like Target, Wal-Mart.
The cell phone runs on the most popular OS on the market for now - Android OS. Mi 8 has the late Android version: 8.1 (Oreo). It means that the cell phone owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The phone is equipped with Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) CPU which shows a great performance. It runs 6 GB RAM which is a perfect amount of memory.
Xiaomi Mi 8 camera has 2.4 aperture that is a standard size for phones. If you like to shoot photos at night, you won't shoot good photos as the camera lets in low light. Mi 8 also will not suit for capturing fast action shots. Its 20 (f/2.0 megapixel front camera is great for getting high quality selfies. Mi 8 can capture 4K high quality video with its rear camera. 4K is the best resolution that phones support for now.
The Mi 8 has a rather big 6.21 inch display. This means that a lot of users will have some difficulties using the mobile phone with one hand. Such display size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's more handy for shooting pictures, better for video chatting and great for reading books.
Mi 8 has non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery.
The mobile phone's weight is 175 grams (6.17 oz), it is 154.9 mm (6.10 in) high, 74.8 mm (2.94 in) wide and has a 7.6 mm (0.30 in) depth which means that this cell phone is thin.
You can buy Mi 8 in Black, Blue, White or Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2018, May
- Available. Released 2018, June
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Adreno 630
- Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS, dual-pixel PDAF) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 1/3.4", 1.0µm), 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash, check quality
- 20 MP (f/2.0, 0.9µm), 1080p
- 2160p@60fps, 1080p@30/240fps, check quality
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- 6.21 inches, 97.1 cm2
- 1080 x 2248 pixels (~402 ppi density)
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - HDR10 display - DCI-P3 - MIUI 9.5
- Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
- 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6 mm (6.10 x 2.94 x 0.30 in)
- 175 g (6.17 oz, 0.39 lb)
- Front/rear glass, aluminum frame (7000 series)
- Dual SIM
- Black, Blue, White, Gold
- 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- HTML5 - Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4.0+) - MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player - MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player - Photo/video editor - Document viewer
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 8 ?
Xiaomi Mi 8 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Xiaomi Mi 8 . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Mi 8 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Mi 8 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Cheaper alternatives to Xiaomi Mi 8 :
Xiaomi Mi 8 comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
More expensive alternatives to Xiaomi Mi 8 :
Xiaomi Mi 8 videos
Mi 8 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Xiaomi Mi 8 reviews by users and experts
List of Mi 8 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Mi 8 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Mi 8 it will be very useful too!