Xiaomi Redmi 5 specification and prices
The first Xiaomi Redmi 5 deals appeared on December 2017. This model belongs to the lowest price range: the Xiaomi Redmi 5 cost in USA for today is $149.50. The mobile is on sale from carriers including AT&T Wireless, Metro PCS, Virgin Mobile USA, Verizon Wireless as well as retail stores like Target, Wal-Mart.
The mobile runs on the most popular OS in the world for today - Android OS. Redmi 5 has the new Android version: 7.1.2 (Nougat). It means that the mobile owners will be able to play any games and run any apps. The phone has Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 processor that shows a great performance. The mobile phone runs 2 GB RAM that is a typical amount of memory for normal usage.
This model has powerful 12 megapixel primary camera. With such camera owner of this model will be able to take amazing photos and videos. The camera has aperture size 2.2. It is a rather large aperture for a mobile phone and it will allow the Xiaomi Redmi 5 to let in more light to get satisfactory quality photos in dark rooms. 5 megapixel front camera makes Xiaomi Redmi 5 a common choice for making selfies. Primary camera of Xiaomi Redmi 5 can shoot full HD high definition video, which is only second to 4K.
The mobile phone has a rather big 5.7 inch display. It means that most part of users may have some difficulties using the phone with one hand. Such screen size has significant benefits in compare to the smaller display: it's more convenient for shooting photos, better for video chatting and amazing for reading books.
This phone has non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery.
The model's weight is 157 grams (5.54 oz), it is 151.8 mm (5.98 in) high, 72.8 mm (2.87 in) wide and has a 7.7 mm (0.30 in) depth what means that this model is thin.
You can buy Redmi 5 in Black, Gold, Light Blue or Rose Gold colors.
Internal Storage & RAM
- 2017, December
- Available. Released 2017, December
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- Adreno 506
- 12 MP (f/2.2, 1.25 μm), phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- 5 MP, 1080p
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
- 5.7 inches, 83.8 cm2
- 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~282 ppi density)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version) - MIUI 9
- Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery
- 151.8 x 72.8 x 7.7 mm (5.98 x 2.87 x 0.30 in)
- 157 g (5.54 oz, 0.35 lb)
- Front glass, aluminum body
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Black, Gold, Light Blue, Rose Gold
- 32 GB, 3 GB RAM or 16 GB, 2 GB RAM
- microSD, up to 128 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 4.2, A2DP, LE
- Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- FM radio
- microUSB 2.0
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- HSPA, LTE
Where to buy Xiaomi Redmi 5 ?
Xiaomi Redmi 5 compared to rivals
List of all phones similar to Xiaomi Redmi 5 . Find out what mobile phone has better camera, processor, screen and battery life. Compare tech specs of Redmi 5 to its rivals.
Many phones specification looks similar at first sight. And sometimes it can be even difficult to say which cell phone is better until you compare their specs side by side. That's why Redmi 5 comparison to its rivals will help you greatly to select really the best smartphone for now.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 comparisons to the rivals with the same price:
Xiaomi Redmi 5 videos
Redmi 5 video reviews will give you full info about the phone's specs and features in the most convenient way. Just click Play button and relax.
There is no need to read any texts and to explore huge tables with specs. Just watch a few videos about this smartphone to find out if you want to buy it.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 reviews by users and experts
List of Redmi 5 reviews by experts and users. The phone rating will help you to facilitate the process of selecting.
The best way to understand all pros and cons of Redmi 5 is to read reviews by customers and experts from GSMArena, CNET, TechRadar and others. You will find there real-world experience and not just an attractive advertising slogans of the manufacturer. And if you are already the owner of this mobile phone please share your experience to help other people to decide if they want to buy it. Do you have little time for review? Then just rate Redmi 5 it will be very useful too!